DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Adding factory options (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=117481)

goingcrazy 07-20-2012 03:32 AM

Adding factory options

I bought my truck from dealer stock to get the price low and now I wish I would have special ordered one. I really want to add a few options to my truck and the parts guy says I need a new radio to do it.

I have the 430n and want to add the factory park assist and back up camera from the factory. He says I need to buy the 730n to do this which adds almost 2K to the price tag. Can the factory camera and park assist be added to the 430n or should I look for aftermarket cameras?

I would also like to add the bigger fuel tank to my truck since I end up stopping for fuel 3/4 of the way to Vegas when I tow and fuel prices at that stop range from $4.49 to $4.69 per gallon and local prices are only $3.18 unless I have points on the Fry's card and then I get it as cheap as $1.18 per gallon.

goingcrazy 07-21-2012 04:23 PM

No ideas or did I post in the wrong section?

itshertruck 07-21-2012 09:29 PM

IMO, I think you would be better off going with an aftermarket back up system. As for adding the larger fuel tank, that is an interesting question there. Give it a few days here, then you should have more answers/opinions than just mine.

300MAG 07-21-2012 10:57 PM

Yes, you can add the oem camera kit to the 430n or go aftermarket route using a locpick.

1500ram12 07-22-2012 05:42 AM

after market will be cheaper. titan tanks offer larger replacement tanks

TimW 07-29-2012 11:28 AM

This is in the parts for sale section

Like new MyGIG RHR 730N with the Navtec Nav. The RHR is a better model with more features than the RHB nav model. It's been in my truck for about 6 months. Perfect condition. I accept PayPal and ship same day. These are selling for $900-$1200 and more used on eBay now. $700 shipped. Email for pics
Chad6326@gmail.com
This is a direct plug and play on all 2009 and up Ram trucks.

Bikenut 07-29-2012 03:18 PM

The cost of installing a larger tank will take a very long time to recuperate. My neighbor just installed a 50 or 55 gallon Titan in his chevy at well over $1000 (he won't say exactly how much). I do not see how that is justifiable unless you are using the truck for business and run some long hauls.

Bikenut 07-29-2012 03:21 PM

As far as the backup cam and sensors, you can install those for a LOT less money and your 430N is a fine radio. I installed Ebay sensors on my last truck at a cost of about $25 bucks IIRC. Just drilled holes for the sensors in the bumpers, ran the wires to the cab and installed the beeper under a seat. They worked great

Miami Son 08-05-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300MAG (Post 847274)
Yes, you can add the oem camera kit to the 430n or go aftermarket route using a locpick.

I actually researched this and was told by both my dealer and Chrysler that you can not add the OEM camera to a 430N that did not have it from the factory. For this reason I went with the Lockpick and BarCam and am very satisfied with both. The Lockpick adds features you'll never get with the OEM setup and it is a lot cheaper.

300MAG 08-05-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miami Son (Post 858179)
I actually researched this and was told by both my dealer and Chrysler that you can not add the OEM camera to a 430N that did not have it from the factory. For this reason I went with the Lockpick and BarCam and am very satisfied with both. The Lockpick adds features you'll never get with the OEM setup and it is a lot cheaper.

I would have went the same way with lockpic but built aftermarket cam into tailgate handle, with that said the dealer is wrong. Many people on the forum have installed the mopar kit on 430n, a just helped a freind do his 2012 crew with 430n last weekend....it may be a shock but some dealers and even dodge doesnt know what there talking about.