DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Guess I need a new exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=118202)

Gecko 07-30-2012 12:11 AM

Guess I need a new exhaust

So for the last few weeks every time I hit a bump my exhaust has been bouncing around hitting the under carriage of my truck. I didn't really think it was a problem just thought I was going over a few bigger bumps. Well I went to see if the maybe I just needed to add another hook or arm or whatever they are called (it's on the tip of my tongue and I cant spit it out!). Anyways as I am looking to see if I need to add a new one I find my problem. One of the hooks that is supposed to be holding the exhaust in place has come undone. and now there is a huge hole in my exhaust. The hook didn't just come undone it ripped itself off and took part of the pipe with it!

So because I know its there and its going to bother me and it is too big to get fixed I am in search of a new exhaust. (The money I was going to use for cutouts is now going towards a new exhaust and the cutouts can wait.) This time though I want to do the whole thing (well except for headers those can wait too). I want something loud. Very loud. I have a Flowmaster on it right now though I'm not sure which one it is as I bought the truck with it on. I do love the sound and I'm not opposed to getting another Flowmaster but I want to hear what you guys think.

I know this is a common topic of discussion but when I did a search there wasn't anything that really gave light to what I was looking for.

Remember I'm looking for a good loud sound. I want people to hear me when I turn on my truck, when im just driving down the road, and when I put the peddle to the floor!

gonefishin776 07-30-2012 08:25 AM

I put FM 40 series on mine. It's pretty darn loud and mean sounding. I've heard of people put the 10 series single chamber on their rams and it is supposed to be even louder. Now as anyone will tell you, go FM for sound, not performance. Go magnaflow for performance. You could definitely do high flow cats along with your FM 40s and I bet that would be just what you are looking for.

Gecko 07-31-2012 01:26 PM

Yea I was thinking about getting some high flowing cats as well as a whole new mid-pipe. Not sure If I should go with just a larger Y or maybe an X or H pipe and turn it into a dual exhaust. I'm leaning more towards an X pipe and then figuring out the rest from there.

Does anyone know about the Pypes Cat back exhaust? I was looking at it and it sounded pretty mean. But I'm not sold on anything yet.

Dodge Boy13 07-31-2012 02:37 PM

yes flowmaster would probably be the way to go! and i see your from jersey and nc im from jersey and down in nc now! haha but were having a jersey meet in august you should stop by!