DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   knowledge (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=118305)

Excoastie 07-31-2012 01:00 PM

knowledge

Knowledge, it's a wonderful thing if you've got it, but just makes you look that much worse when you don't have it.

I gave my FIL a ride home from the Dodge dealership (not the one that I bought my truck or her Chally from), as he was getting some service done on his Durango.

As soon as I pulled into the lot, there was a vulture waiting on me. He wanted to know how he could help me. I told him that I was just playing taxi driver, and he being a salesman tried to get me to look at a new vehicle, a truck or Charger perhaps...

I told him that IF he had a Crew Cab 1500 Ram RT in blue, with a sun roof, and the touch screen radio, then I might be interested, otherwise I would keep what I had.

His response was that he wasn't sure what they had, but he'd go look. I walked away chuckling as I went in search of my FIL. Not surprisingly he came back and said that he didn't have a truck equipped as I wanted, I thanked him and told him to have a good day.

I'm guessing they forgot to inform this dude that the RT only comes in a regular cab during his training. The ironic thing is that his name tag stated that he was a factory trained and certified sales consultant.

Kind of makes me wonder LOL

Exco

Warlock III 07-31-2012 01:49 PM

Sounds to me like you embodied a physical manifestation of a "Hold" button in a real life situation...nice job.

Now I'm wanting to stop at a stealership and snipe a salesman with a few options that are more of a wish list.

brad12kx 07-31-2012 10:35 PM

Good one Bill! I just know I'm going to do that some day. LOL

Bikenut 08-01-2012 01:49 AM

Bwahahaaa!! Thats great! I'm going to ask for a 6.2L Ram 2500 if that ever happens to me :D

ShawnC13 08-01-2012 10:11 AM

Nice work!! Would have been funnier if he said "Well we don't have one but I will search other dealers see if I can get you one"

CdnoilRAM 08-01-2012 11:36 AM

Lol, how is it that I never get bothered by salesmen when I drive to dealerships to pick up parts? Does the retardedly modified truck just scream "don't bother"?

uktitus 08-01-2012 12:18 PM

You can only train monkey's so far

Warlock III 08-01-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uktitus (Post 854847)
You can only train monkey's so far

I'm pretty sure he was throwing poop AT the salesman...

Hey Kurtis...how about parking your truck on the lot and just film it?

PaulMys 08-01-2012 08:05 PM

Thats great! Go back and ask him if he could lend you one of the service departments' metric adjustable wrenches!!!!!