DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   For sports guys (and girls) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=118420)

PaulMys 08-01-2012 08:16 PM

For sports guys (and girls)

So what is your favorite sports team, and why? I am a die-hard New York Giants fan. (NO- not because they just won the Super Bowl). I started watching them when I was 10 years old and have seen some pretty BAD teams over the years, but that makes it that much sweeter when they DO win it all! So who do you guys root for, and why?

2011 ASSAULT 800 08-01-2012 10:13 PM

I have been a Laker fan for quite sometime and a HUGE Kobe Bryant fan. Unfortuantley priorities have changed from when I used to watch every game to now catching the odd one. I have liked wahcing them play around Phil Jacksons former (retired now) triangle offense and watching players play this system, I enjoyed people saying kobe couldnt do it with out shaq. I enjoyed watching Kobe playing through just about any injury to try to win (broken fingers, noses etc.). The 81 point game by Kobe and the multiple bac to back 50 point games he has had through out his prime have been great too

CdnoilRAM 08-01-2012 10:55 PM

South African Springboks Rugby, been a fan since I got to see the '95 world cup up close and in person. Been hard to watch since I came to North America since there's only one channel on digital cable that carries any of the sports I grew up with.

ShawnC13 08-01-2012 11:48 PM

A Miami Dolphins fan here. Watching Marino throw the ball and move the offense was impressive unfortunately we haven't had anyone even close to that since he has left.

Bikenut 08-05-2012 09:01 AM

IMO, pretty much all professional sports players can kiss my jealous white toosh. They're WAY overpaid and it's sickening to see public schools begging for pencils and paper while these douches blow money like they hate it on extravagant BS

My favorite team is any team my son is on and Team USA Water Polo!! :D

2011 ASSAULT 800 08-05-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikenut (Post 857953)
IMO, pretty much all professional sports players can kiss my jealous white toosh. They're WAY overpaid and it's sickening to see public schools begging for pencils and paper while these douches blow money like they hate it on extravagant BS

My favorite team is any team my son is on and Team USA Water Polo!! :D

I agree to a point, MANY MANY professional athletes give back to charities or have charities of their own that help with distasters like Katrina or build houses for people who cant afford them, also many give back to different types of charities like mental health and cancer research. Yes they make alot, too much compared to people like doctors, surgeons etc. But they are paid privatley. I am sure the income tax they pay helps give back as well, not too mention sports in general generate millions of spin off jobs around the arena and around every town and city whether there is a team there or not there is usually a store selling sports clothing.

Bikenut 08-05-2012 04:02 PM

You make some good points Assault :)

I guess I fixate on the idiot versions ;)

.....Oh, and being jealous that they make more in a year than I do in a career! :LOL: