DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Finally picking my truck up tomorrow!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=118427)

Red05Ram 08-01-2012 10:31 PM

Finally picking my truck up tomorrow!!!

Okay so I will be picking my truck up from the shop tomorrow. I got a Crower custom ground cam from Inertia, 6.1 Springs and pushrods, got my heads re-surfaced also a valve job and polished, and new timing assembly. Cam took about 4 weeks longer than expected to get in and heads took a while at the machine shop but I got the call and tomorrow WE RIDE! Lol. I got a emailed start up tune from Stu at Inertia and Friday the 10th I meet him in Austin for my dyno tune and after that I'm DONE! I'm super excited, I can't wait to hear it! I will try to post a video tomorrow but at the least I'll give my review. Goodbye for now my friends!

chefred112 08-02-2012 02:52 AM

congrats on the new setup...can't wait to hear your feedback..

BlackHemI 08-02-2012 03:31 PM

awesome!!! we are gonna have to meet up so i can see what its all about!!! and then maybe ill do mine!

Red05Ram 08-06-2012 01:53 PM

Okay sorry haven't updated. First off so happy to have my truck back! First of all, I wouldn't have been able to drive it home without my start up tune from Stu at Inertia it wouldn't idle at all. It is most def louder now, and standing behind it at idle I would say literally feels like 300% more air moving out of the pipes it's crazy! Lobes pretty well but set high idle for now, get it tuned this Friday so we will be good after that. Initial gains I feel much more top end and torque at a higher rpm range than I thought! Not a difference like I imagined but after my tune it will be running like a beast. I will make sure to update after the tune to let you know the difference but from what I'm told from everyone I am not worried about power at all a tune is NEEDED to get your power out. I will post an idle video when I can and I am recording my dyno tune session so I'll have cool videos of that too! Until then have a great one!

BlackHemI 08-07-2012 01:13 PM

awesomeness!! cant wait bro

Red05Ram 08-14-2012 03:26 PM

Dyno tuning done! I highly recommend it my truck runs so much better now. Got it tuned in Austin and it was 112° outside even hotter in the dyno box they had so power numbers weren't amazing 290hp 298tq to the rear. That's 112° weather 4x4 with 305/55/20 3 ply mud tires on the factory 20s. Doesn't sound too impressive but driving it is a huge difference. It pulls all the way you the rpms 6200 is where I shift now. My 3rd gear doesn't feel like a slug anymore it picked up a lot. I'm overall very very happy with everything! Minor idle surge to fix but I'm working with Stu now to fix it and I'll be done! When it cools down I wanna make another run I know I'll pick up more power. May get some 16s with drag radials see the big difference in power. My 305/55/20 on stock rims weigh 116lbs a piece with air so def dragging power away there. Very happy though so hope this helps!

BlackHemI 08-17-2012 08:52 AM

man thats awesome dude im glad you love it! all in all how much $$$ did you spend? thats my biggest concern before i do mine.

Red05Ram 08-17-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHemI (Post 867671)
man thats awesome dude im glad you love it! all in all how much $$$ did you spend? thats my biggest concern before i do mine.

Well more than I planned lol I would wait till you got what you think you need then a little more lol between cam, rods, springs, head work including a valve job, all seals, timing assembly, install and tune around 2. Was more than expected but basically have new top end just added up fast. Worth it though, yes! But No more work on the truck for a long time I have a Trans Am I wanna do a LS3 swap in so That's next. Very next lol whenever my bank accound replinishes lol

BlackHemI 08-17-2012 01:21 PM

oh jeez yea ill pass on 2!!! lol i am looking for a chevy single cab i want to do a ls3/ls2 swap in. just want the new body but theyre still so expensive.

S.C. Express 08-17-2012 10:59 PM

290/298 to the wheels is awesome, especially with your truck being 4x4 and heavy arse tires. Glad it worked out!:smiley_thumbs_up: