DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tonneau Covers (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=118600)

sandjam 08-04-2012 10:13 AM

Tonneau Covers

Wanted to know what cover everyone thinks is the best..
I was thinking of a Bak G2. Any thoughts?

BudTheGrey 08-04-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandjam (Post 857339)
Wanted to know what cover everyone thinks is the best..
I was thinking of a Bak G2. Any thoughts?

My truck had less than 300 miles on it when we put the Truxedo TruxPort on it. Had one on my previous ride, will never own a truck without one again. Never used a Bak G2; the roll-up appeals more to me, but YMMV.

robby5323 08-04-2012 10:31 AM

I have been thinking about a Truxedo as well

X231 08-04-2012 11:15 AM

Just depends on what you want I think. I had a Tonno Pro on my last truck. Used it once on a trip and then it set in the garage. It fit good and was on/off in about two minutes. Bought it from realtruck.com (great company) for ~$250 I think. If I bought another cover I'd get another Tonno Pro.

TheMeat54 08-04-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BudTheGrey (Post 857341)
My truck had less than 300 miles on it when we put the Truxedo TruxPort on it. Had one on my previous ride, will never own a truck without one again. Never used a Bak G2; the roll-up appeals more to me, but YMMV.

... :smileup: Truxedo is the way to go. Bak is nice but having a roll up option works best if you have things in and out of your bed. I got one on mine and I like the ease of operation.

Mophead 08-04-2012 12:16 PM

I had a Downey on my 2000 that was great. They went out of business though. I ordered a Truxedo Lo Pro and hope to have it on this week. Looks to me like the Edge has more bow to it and sticks up more, whereas the Low Pro is very flat. I hope that it is tight enough and arched enough to not hold rain or snow. I've seen several of the BAk flip type (although I can't say they are BakFlip brand) that have rusted and pitted parts. Some of these are only months old. Reminds me of looking at a BPS Tracker. Brand new shrink wrapped. The salesman cuts it open and every screw was rusted. What were they thinking? ...Oh they weren't! LOL!

edd5 08-04-2012 04:53 PM

Take a look at a Bakflip fibermax. Fiberglass topside and aluminum underside with aluminum latch plates and hardware. Fits flush and you can use the entire bed. I have had one on my rambox truck since new in March and no issues so far. The fiberglass top is better than the G2 aluminum top as it stays cooler and won't ding like the aluminum. The F1 is another good option.

Grubrunner 08-04-2012 05:07 PM

Bakflip F1

The message I've entered is too short, so I'm taking up space by writing this to comply with the forum's strange guidelines.

Blackram44 08-04-2012 07:37 PM

Tonno Pro

I'd have to agree with X231. If you're looking for a biasic cover, TonnoPro is the way to go. I just put one on my RAM about 2 mos. ago and love it. Easy install and durable. On and off in less than 5 minutes by yourself. Video of it is on Youtube. Less than $250 and worth every cent.

KKsport 08-04-2012 08:29 PM

I've had a G2 on my truck for about 4 months now,so far so good...Does get pretty hot though,handy if you need to fry some eggs ...