DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.7 Liter V6 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Come on guys! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=118709)

LoneTex 08-05-2012 04:54 PM

Come on guys!

We need more 3.7 love out here. Its hard to get help if nobody is ever around here!

samsquanch 08-10-2012 11:21 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. Got this 3.7 V6, but seems there are not many people interested in doing anything with them. I didn't need a drag racer or off road rig and was not willing to pay the premium for a Hemi or 4X4. Just something with some style that is decent to drive. So here we site with nice trucks and not a lot of other support. Oh, here is to being different!

Rob

LoneTex 08-10-2012 02:30 PM

IT is pretty rediculous that we get no help here

4x4Hemi 08-10-2012 02:49 PM

Well what do you need help with? I'm sure the guys wouldn't reject you just for being a 3.7 if it isn't specific to your engine. There's not as big of market for 3.7 upgrades so no one really makes them?

samsquanch 08-10-2012 04:24 PM

Not only that, but also being a 2012 (in my case) there hasn't been anything electronically yet as the ECUs are very encrypted from the factory. So that makes it hard to really take advantage of minor mods like a CAI and exhaust. You can do the same drops, wheels, tires, exhaust and body mods available to our Hemi cousins. I sure hope someone comes out with a tuner soon though. There is so much room under the hood to fab up a nice cheap inter-cooled turbo set up. In the end though, I think the OP is looking for other people with the 3.7 V6 to have some valid discussions with about performance, mileage etc. without the "trade it for a Hemi" sentiment.

MoparMike10 08-10-2012 06:44 PM

I understand where you are coming from, but considering the engine choice it is not surprising that mod parts are hard to find. That motor is not generally the choice of those who would modify a truck like these and aside from basics like a filter and exhaust, how much further would your average 3.7L owner go? When I bought a 4.7L 02 Dakota in 2004 there was nothing really available. It was all 5.9L or 5.2L stuff, now there is more of a selection but it took a while before a chip or programmer was easy to come by. Good luck to you guys.

Warlock III 08-10-2012 08:20 PM

I hear there's a really nice Kleenex dispenser available for those little tiny packs of Kleenex. JK guys. 3.7 just not something I have much experience with so I don't visit the threads much. Mainly because I don't have much input to give or recommendations to make.

CajunDodge 08-11-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsquanch (Post 862317)
I'm in the same boat as you. Got this 3.7 V6, but seems there are not many people interested in doing anything with them. I didn't need a drag racer or off road rig and was not willing to pay the premium for a Hemi or 4X4. Just something with some style that is decent to drive. So here we site with nice trucks and not a lot of other support. Oh, here is to being different!

Rob

That's exactly my thought, I wasn't looking to wheel my truck, didn't need the HEMI but wasn't willing to buy any other truck. Did a lot of work on my '81 D150, had fun doing that and now I just want a truck to enjoy that still does what I need it to do and my 3.7 RAM fits that bill. :)

- Cajun

Gen1dak 08-11-2012 01:32 AM

Hypertech lists a 3.7 tuner thru model year 2010. So it may take til 2014 for a 2012 to be covered. No tellin'.

robertdt1000 10-11-2012 06:08 PM

My 3.7 came with a dental dam....JK. Hypertech makes what looks like a bad ass programmer for our trucks, there are aftermarket throttle bodies, and we can fix that cheap ass Y pipe all for less that 1K....and from my experience and what I have read......very well worth it. Common, lets rock some Dodge power. Good things come in small packages!