DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Exhaust (
-   -   Exhaust setup questions (

Gecko 08-05-2012 07:06 PM

Exhaust setup questions
So I posted earlier about a hole in my exhaust and how I was thinking of getting a new setup instead of fixing it. Well I've been looking around for the last week or so online and watching videos and everything and I think I found what I want to do.

I'm thinking I'm going to replace the Y pipe with a Magnaflow 2.5" dual in/ 3" single out and then go with a Flowmaster Super 10 series 3" single in/ 2.5" dual out muffler and then just run the exhaust out the back of the truck. Its not a true dual setup but it will look like it from behind.

What do you guys think of this setup? I came up with it after finding a video of a guy who did the same thing only different sizes on his 2010.
Here's the link to that video

Now I'm looking to be real loud and I think this setup will give me that but I was wondering if instead of doing the Super 10 muffler right after the Y pipe if instead I ran 2 super tens later on each individual pipe more towards the rear. Would this be louder? or is one right after the Y pipe better for that?

My last question would be could a muffler shop supply the pipes? The Flowmaster setup I have right now is a single in/dual out but the both turn and come out right in front of my rear passenger wheel, so from the side it looks like a single in/ single out with dual tips. I don't have the stock piping for the muffler shop to just cut into and make the setup so would they be able to put piping in there?

I plan on going to the shop tomorrow to talk to them and see what they say.

Thanks guys!

chefred112 08-06-2012 02:34 AM

want cutouts... flow has a distinctive sound which doesn't associate with performance... the setup your gonna do will be loud tho..and that's what you want..

chefred112 08-06-2012 02:35 AM

I run magnaflows with cutouts...the flow 10 setup won't be as loud as this...