DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   New Full Exhaust! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=118794)

slwHEMI 08-06-2012 05:11 PM

New Full Exhaust!

Finally am done with my exhaust on my 06. Installed my Pacesetter long tube headers and y pipe in the driveway, took about 5 hours. The only hickup was the stock y-pipe and the first resonator, had to cut it with a hack saw to get that out, other than that everything went smoothly. (craigslist got both for $400, can't beat it!) then Put on my flowmaster 40 and was ready for the exhaust shop to get it welded. There was the problem, it sounded literally like a race truck, talk about "wake up the neighbors", got a new Magnaflow and have the exhaust exit like stock and it is perfect! SO quiet at idle so I still have the "sleeper" status until I get on it. Much different than the Flowmaster sound wise but I'm in love. Gunna get to the track Sat. and will have some timed results and maybe a video for ya'll. Custom exhaust for under $600, I am VERY happy with it

LeftCoast 08-07-2012 02:20 AM

Sounds great! Lets see some pictures, and maybe a vid? Avid at the track would be sweet.

chefred112 08-09-2012 09:12 PM

cool..can't wait for track results..good move by movin away from flows..

slwHEMI 08-09-2012 09:18 PM

Haha thanks,.such a big difference too.

jason.forte 03-24-2014 02:47 PM

which Magnaflow did you pick? I like my flowmaster sound when I wind it out, but I didnt want the flow 44, and the drone... I like to be able to leave a neighborhood without waking everyone up. This is my grownup ride, I have an old car for those teenage tendencies LOL.

Lincoln5.7 03-24-2014 04:21 PM

what did you do about the cats? did you move them or did you take them out? and do their headers line up perfectly with their y-pipe? im in the market for headers and I don't want to drop 1500 for arh so im looking for other options.

and im with these guys, id love to see some pics!!! :smileup:

jason.forte 03-24-2014 05:47 PM

I just purchased Ceramic CoatedPaceSetter QuikTrip Long Tube Headers

72C2211

from Autoanything. 461.99 is the list price. I hit up the Online Chat Help thing from Autoanything and asked if they had any discount codes. He hooked me up with a $46 bucks off. Ceramic headers for $415.

Lincoln5.7 03-25-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason.forte (Post 1368953)
I just purchased Ceramic CoatedPaceSetter QuikTrip Long Tube Headers

72C2211

from Autoanything. 461.99 is the list price. I hit up the Online Chat Help thing from Autoanything and asked if they had any discount codes. He hooked me up with a $46 bucks off. Ceramic headers for $415.

what did you do about your cats? move them, delete them? im about to purchase these headers with their off road ypipe and just delete the cats but im not sure this is a good idea? any input would be helpful. thanks.

chefred112 03-25-2014 10:28 AM

i know with my setup I moved the cats back;)

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...e/exhaust3.jpg

Lincoln5.7 03-25-2014 05:06 PM

that looks great chefred :smileup:. I don't have flanges on my cats and don't have the money to buy new ones so I was thinking about deleting them and just getting some non-fouler add-ons to trick the o2 sensors. this would mean doing pacesetter longtubes into their y-pipe thn straight down the truck to the muffler.

correct me if im wrong but im under the impression that the rear o2 sensors (downstream) don't do anything for air/fuel ratio and that they just check the job being done by the cats. cant you technically run without rear o2 sensors as long as you keep the front 2 in place and intact?

thanks for the help