DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   License Plate Poll (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=119417)

jacksonsnorth 08-15-2012 08:00 AM

License Plate Poll

Ok, here is a question, Why do you cover your license plate when you post a picture of your truck? Just curious since I never do, but if it is for a good enough reason, I may have to start. :)

Warlock III 08-15-2012 08:14 AM

I cover my plate for the same reasons I take it off sometimes. I figure that if I take my license plate off the cops can't run it and won't bother me.

jacksonsnorth 08-15-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 866112)
I cover my plate for the same reasons I take it off sometimes. I figure that if I take my license plate off the cops can't run it and won't bother me.

Good reason Warlock, I don't run one personally because it gets bent when I run through the carwash. :( So even though it is required in my state, the Police never really bother me. I attribute it, after talking to several law enforcement friends, to having the Disabled Veteran State plate and the Army Strong sticker I always put on my trucks.

Warlock III 08-15-2012 08:24 AM

I was kidding...if i drove around here without a plate the cops would be on me like Normandy Beach on D-day.

Grubrunner 08-15-2012 09:35 AM

I too have never understood the license plater cover-up on photos posted on forums....

brad12kx 08-15-2012 09:55 AM

I don't cover mine either. If you meet me in person, I don't cover my plate. When I go to a car show, I don't cover my plate. I don't even cover it when I go to WallMart! :wow:

I too am interested as to why some cover their plates, as I too may be educated and join that crowd. :4-dontknow:

snrusnak 08-15-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

I don't even cover it when I go to WallMart!
lol that's funny

I show my plate to everyone on the road why would I cover it up online? I'd be more afraid of someone taking the numbers off my registration tag(little yellow tag in the corner) but you can't make that small print out in pictures. Even then, who cares, it could happen anytime on the road.

DOZER 08-15-2012 01:09 PM

I don't cover mine but I will assume those that do, do it for security reasons.

Bikenut 08-15-2012 02:29 PM

1. When I buy a new vehicle, I generally go at least 1 year without installing the plates. My truck is 8 months old now with paper plates still. This is mainly so I can rip of the #@$@ing toll roads. I hate toll roads and think they are such political money grabbing BS.

2. I dont cover my plates if I post a pic online for the same reason Brad mentioned. I see no real reason

3. I DO always leave a parking stub or something covering up the VIN number on my dash. I cant give you a real valid explanation other than I know that when the lien holders of vehicles send out Repo. men, they had a huge set of master keys and can pick the right one by the VIN number they obtain quickly from the dash. Learned that quite a few years ago from a guy that did Repo. on the side for awhile. It may not be effective anymore with all the computer stuff. And I (hope) I'm never in a position to worry about the repo. man at my age lol!
Anyway, Im more weird about the VIN than the plate for some reason.

ShawnC13 08-15-2012 08:21 PM

This is a good poll!!