DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   should i buy groundforce 2/3 kit? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=119815)

Kcbigbadram 08-20-2012 04:00 PM

should i buy groundforce 2/3 kit?

my wheels are finally sold so it time to start working on my truck again. i would like to lower it and run 24's eventually. but first i have a few question. hopefully someone with this kit can help.

1. does anybody run this kit with a 4wd that actually drives in snow? i will have to deal with snow here i want to make sure this kit wont kill my ability to drive it in winter.
2. will i have any problems running 24's on 305/35/24 tires?
3. i was quoted right at 1000 buck for the kit, and 300 to install. are those good prices?

thanks everyone for your replies.

LeftCoast 08-21-2012 12:52 AM

The height shouldn't be an issue with the snow. a 2/3 drop isn't that radical.
Tire size I'm not sure on.
$1,000 just for springs? seems a bit high.$300 on the install? From what Ive heard changing out the rear springs is very easy, but time costs money, so $300 doesn't seem too ever the top.

Rollnthunder 08-22-2012 04:13 AM

I just had this kit installed. I bought it from jegs for 700 with free shipping and had it installed for 175.00. Plus I had it realigned for 75. Why wouldnt it work in the snow? If your driving out in snow that deep where you would be beaching the truck you should probably just stay home or look into lifting your truck. I like the way the lowered truck looks but it does ride a little more stiff.

Kcbigbadram 08-22-2012 03:53 PM

thanks for your input guys. im not really concerned with the snow too much but my job does require me to be out there everyday no matter the conditions.
that 700 bucks sounds like a better price to me guess i better get it ordered.
only question that remains is if i will have any problems running 24's

REDRAM24 08-22-2012 04:23 PM

i have a 2/4 drop with 24's and its great and its a good look and my dad and i did it laying on the ground and its a bitch the rear was not that bad but the front was a pain. if you are interested i just took my truck to get bagged so im looking to sale my old springs 2 months old and my wheels and tires i had to go with a 9 inch wheel and the old ones are 10 inch maybe 6 month old. not sure what you are looking for but i would save you some money

REDRAM24 08-22-2012 06:34 PM

hey man i got your pm but i cant send you one yet if you want to send me another with your number i can text you over some picks of my rims and how they looked with the drop. thanks

Kcbigbadram 08-23-2012 11:35 PM

I bought the kit tonight hopefully I'll get it next week some time. Figured I would just put the drop on then figure out what size tire will work best

MoparMike10 08-24-2012 04:35 PM

Mine has that kit with 24s and there is a small rubbing issue with the driver's side tire contacting the sway bar at full lock. It does not happen enough where it is a problem, but obviously I'd wish it wasn't there at all. Whether you will encounter this will depend on the offset of the wheels you choose, especially if you are going to run a 305 tire.

Kcbigbadram 08-24-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoparMike10 (Post 873248)
Mine has that kit with 24s and there is a small rubbing issue with the driver's side tire contacting the sway bar at full lock. It does not happen enough where it is a problem, but obviously I'd wish it wasn't there at all. Whether you will encounter this will depend on the offset of the wheels you choose, especially if you are going to run a 305 tire.

what are specs on your wheels and tires?

5280RAM 08-25-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcbigbadram (Post 872851)
I bought the kit tonight hopefully I'll get it next week some time. Figured I would just put the drop on then figure out what size tire will work best

Post up some pics when you get it installed :smileup: