DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Heating & Cooling (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   A/C works on high (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=119973)

Mugzy2001 08-23-2012 01:57 AM

A/C works on high
 
I have a 2001 Ram 1500 5.2. A/C will only work on high. Can anyone tell me if this a switch, motor or resistor problem. Thanks:cool:

Ram11 08-23-2012 02:03 AM

Tuff without seeing first hand,,,,resistor or switch...the motor works right,,,

ramfam 08-23-2012 03:51 PM

Id go resistor only cause high speed is the only one that usualy dsnt go through windings or capaitors to slow power output. Its usualy on its own so fan motor has full power. Also don't be surprised if plug might have melted on some of lower speeds from heat generated by the resistor its self. My dakota did that it sucked.

Mugzy2001 08-24-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram11 (Post 872058)
Tuff without seeing first hand,,,,resistor or switch...the motor works right,,,

Yup the motor works. l'll check the resistor. Thanks

Mugzy2001 08-24-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramfam (Post 872356)
Id go resistor only cause high speed is the only one that usualy dsnt go through windings or capaitors to slow power output. Its usualy on its own so fan motor has full power. Also don't be surprised if plug might have melted on some of lower speeds from heat generated by the resistor its self. My dakota did that it sucked.

Thanks. Is the resistor located on the left side of the glove box?

ramfam 08-24-2012 11:34 PM

Yes close to trans hump should be a little metel box with a harness plug.

Mugzy2001 08-26-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramfam (Post 873430)
Yes close to trans hump should be a little metel box with a harness plug.

Thanks, I'm looking into it today.

Mugzy2001 09-01-2012 01:52 PM

Thanks for the help. Picked up the resistor for 49.99 and replaced it in less than five mins. I'm thinking a shop would have gone with all the BS and charged me 200.00 to 300.00.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger