DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Magnaflow 14'' / Mufflex Install (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=120810)

BigHornz 09-03-2012 10:12 PM

Magnaflow 14'' / Mufflex Install

Ok, so this pertains to those who did a self install of the 14'' muffler from Mufflex.

Last time I did one of these we didnt have air tools nor deep sockets.

Are those actually needed?

If not, I'm guessing a normal socket set will do?

Lastly, will chain lube work to take off the muffler and hangers?

thanks for the help fellas

- Matt

GTyankee 09-03-2012 10:25 PM

to loosen your old bolts, buy some
PB BLASTER

better then Liquid Wrench Lubricant
much better then WD-40 (Water Displacement = WD )

not quite as good as KROIL <-- gun shop lube & expensive

John422 09-03-2012 10:45 PM

I just put in magna flow on my truck and it was a bitch getting the clamps off because it is a year old i just used wd-40 and a yes I needed deep sockets.

moparmanicac 09-03-2012 10:52 PM

good ol elbow grease but as GT said I always much preferred PB to wd-40 and others

FromFordtoRAM 09-03-2012 11:10 PM

So with the Magnaflow we can install ourselves?! I was just about to make an appointment to get a Flowmaster installed. I've read a lot of good things about magnaflow, and if I can do it myself with no welding, I'm all for it! Please help!!

fastNugly @ BP 09-04-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromFordtoRAM (Post 880336)
So with the Magnaflow we can install ourselves?! I was just about to make an appointment to get a Flowmaster installed. I've read a lot of good things about magnaflow, and if I can do it myself with no welding, I'm all for it! Please help!!

Yes. The mufflex kit is a DIY as is the Magnaflow catback kit too :smileup:

Asur 09-04-2012 08:18 AM

You will need deep sockets to bolt it in. PB and a bit of twisting will get the original off the truck. Took me a whole 30min to do the swap out, my truck was 3 months old. Align everything before you tighten.

oldhp 09-04-2012 08:27 AM

What did this muffler gain?
Interior drone?
What does MDS sound like now?
Part number?
oldhp

Hogking 09-04-2012 10:45 AM

I put on the Mag/Mufflex DODS18 back in January. Glad I didn't get the 14 inch as it would have been much too loud and too much drone in cab! The 18 inch INMO is prefect for these trucks. The sound is great and little drone in MDS in cab. Never really checked the gas mileage cause I really don't care. This is a MUST mod to do your HEMI justice!

topsub 09-11-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogking (Post 880546)
I put on the Mag/Mufflex DODS18 back in January. Glad I didn't get the 14 inch as it would have been much too loud and too much drone in cab! The 18 inch INMO is prefect for these trucks. The sound is great and little drone in MDS in cab. Never really checked the gas mileage cause I really don't care. This is a MUST mod to do your HEMI justice!

are you guys buying just the mufflers and having a shop install everything? I was going to get there full cat back system with the Y pipe but seems people just buy the mufflers. If so where do you buy these?