DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Damn NHL! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=121983)

snrusnak 09-20-2012 09:09 AM

Damn NHL!

So I was excited that Orlando has a hockey team this year(not NHL), and have been getting pumped up to go to games. Tampa Bay Lightning are having a preseason game in Orlando next week and I got so excited about hockey here in Orlando that I bought tickets to the Lightning game last night all excited then this morning find out they are in a lockout!!!

NHL is full of whiners. You already make enough money, now do your job and play hockey!

Hopefully ticketmaster will refund me, they are horrible with giving money back.

ShawnC13 09-20-2012 11:04 AM

Wow, Yeah NHL has been on lockout since the 15th and all preseason games have been canceled and I am sure regular season games will be starting to get lost as well. Last contract had players getting 57% and owners getting 43 now the owners want 53% and have the players get the 47%. I heard that each percentage point is equal to about $30 million. Will be interesting to see if another season will be lost would be the second time in 8 years. This is the 4th work stoppage in the NHL in the last 20 years

snrusnak 09-20-2012 11:07 AM

Bunch of cry babies. Give me a stick I'll do it for half.

ShawnC13 09-20-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 892950)
Bunch of cry babies. Give me a stick I'll do it for half.

I would do it for 10%. We have a local guy who plays for Colorado and during the lockout he will be an assistant coach with our Junior B team under the coach he once played for in the league and instead of getting paid the team will donate all of his Wage to his charity foundation to help get kids into sports. So there are good guys out there in the league then there are some that have already signed with other leagues and need to make their millions!!

snrusnak 09-20-2012 11:14 AM

Let's start our own league. We already have two country's to take part :)

ShawnC13 09-20-2012 11:25 AM

I am not a very good skater for people to pay and come watch me play :LOL:

PaulMys 09-20-2012 08:57 PM

What the hell is Hockey?? Just kidding. ALL of these pro athletes and the leagues are just too wrapped up in the money aspect of it. Screw the fans. Or, like the NFL, screw our own officials! Unreal.

snrusnak 09-20-2012 09:10 PM

^definitely true!

I'm glad Orlando's new team is not part of the NHL, hopefully they'll be more into the game if you know what I mean. It's unbelievable that they complain about making millions of dollars to play a sport. I feel so bad for them...

ShawnC13 09-20-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMys (Post 893265)
What the hell is Hockey?? Just kidding. ALL of these pro athletes and the leagues are just too wrapped up in the money aspect of it. Screw the fans. Or, like the NFL, screw our own officials! Unreal.

NFL replacement refs are killing the game it is painful to watch them out there.

CdnoilRAM 09-20-2012 10:05 PM

It's the owners that locked out the players, it's not the players that are on strike. I for one am for the salary cap because it means that teams like the Red Wings or Rangers won't be able to just pay top dollar for all the best players and buy for a stanley cup.

I do agree with the reffing, it's been horrible because they can't pay them what they are worth. Take a look at game rates for Premier league refs, they make crazy cash, but there is only 1 ref and 2 box officials; not 2 refs, 2 linesmen, and box officials.