DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Which Flowmaster series should I go with? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=122316)

DonJohnny 09-25-2012 12:18 PM

Which Flowmaster series should I go with?

I have a 2012 Outdoorsman 4x4 thats been leveled and sits on 35" Toyo M/T with single rear exhaust. I will be sticking a vararam air grabber intake on it in the spring, but for now I am looking at swapping out the muffler to give it a little more aggressive sound. I am not doing a whole kit, just swapping the muffler and using all the stock pipes/resonaters.

I really like the tone the Flowmaster offers and I kind of have my choices narrowed down (thanks to videos on youtube)

I am between the series 40 and the delta 50.

I would like a more aggressive sound at acceleration, but a nice rumble at idle or cruse. I dont want something "super loud" but I do want something thats noticeable.

Do you have an opinion or can you offer some insight?
Help!:4-dontknow:

FromFordtoRAM 09-25-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonJohnny (Post 896270)
I have a 2012 Outdoorsman 4x4 thats been leveled and sits on 35" Toyo M/T with single rear exhaust. I will be sticking a vararam air grabber intake on it in the spring, but for now I am looking at swapping out the muffler to give it a little more aggressive sound. I am not doing a whole kit, just swapping the muffler and using all the stock pipes/resonaters.

I really like the tone the Flowmaster offers and I kind of have my choices narrowed down (thanks to videos on youtube)

I am between the series 40 and the delta 50.

I would like a more aggressive sound at acceleration, but a nice rumble at idle or cruse. I dont want something "super loud" but I do want something thats noticeable.

Do you have an opinion or can you offer some insight?
Help!:4-dontknow:

I put the 50 on mine and it's exactly what I want. Sounds great at idle and cruising around. It's not too loud at all, unless you really put your foot into it! Plus, if you're keeping the same speed on the freeway there is no cabin noise/drone. I couldn't be happier. My mpg has increased as well. Muffler swap only.

Ziegler00 09-25-2012 12:28 PM

super 40 or 44. have 44 on mine....sounds great on idle....when you punch it, sounds really aggressive.

Arth 09-25-2012 12:41 PM

I went with the flowmaster 40 delta flow. I think it sounds good, not super loud by any means but a nice rumble when your just driving but sounds mean when you get on it. Here is a start up/idle of my truck. If you wanna skip to the exhaust it is at about 25 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3M4r...layer_embedded

DonJohnny 09-25-2012 02:03 PM

I'm wondering if the single exhaust would sound much different from the dual on the laramie.

BigHornz 09-25-2012 06:05 PM

Get the Magnaflow 14'' =)

DonJohnny 09-25-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHornz (Post 896501)
Get the Magnaflow 14'' =)

Can you elaborate a little more on why you think I should??

I'm between the flowmasters because I like te tone better. I just don't know how loud they are in person.

lbram81 09-26-2012 10:47 AM

Dont know the diffrence in tone from the single or dual outlets, but I have heard the super 44's with the Hemi and I will be doing that very shortly myself hopefully. Perfect tone! Whatever you choose, post a video here, would like to hear it.

Buellrider 09-26-2012 07:30 PM

I've got a 40 series on my 2012 RT and it sound awesome! Deep rumble at idle, screams at full throttle and is quiet on the highway with 0 drone....

RansRAM 09-26-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buellrider (Post 897107)
I've got a 40 series on my 2012 RT and it sound awesome! Deep rumble at idle, screams at full throttle and is quiet on the highway with 0 drone....

^^^^ X2 Love my FM40.