DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Drag Racing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   People are way to scared of the hemi (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=122325)

99gp 09-25-2012 02:25 PM

People are way to scared of the hemi

I am tired of everyone thinking they are hot shit, then when I pull up to them they look the other way. My buddy said remove the hemi badges then you will get more people to line up with you.... Had the truck a couple months now and I only got one person to bite :smiledown:... When I had a mustang everyone wanted to line up with the little v6. Sorry I know it really isn't a drag racing thing, but I thought It fit best in here

moparornocar72 09-25-2012 02:28 PM

Go to the drag strip, everyone will want to run u then!

99gp 09-25-2012 02:41 PM

If I had a good rear end I would love to, but I hate the rear end in my truck. Open rear-ends shouldn't have been an option

moparornocar72 09-25-2012 11:00 PM

You could always do a swap, given ur's is an '03 it would be easy since a lot of them have ended up in yards totaled out.

UNBROKEN 09-29-2012 08:36 PM

I really don't know why anyone would be scared of this "hemi"
I'm not impressed even a little bit....it's slower than Christmas far as I'm concerned.

GhostR1der 09-29-2012 09:52 PM

^^^ Unbroken you possibly shoot down everything anyone has to say the most on this forum lol. No matter what it is you don't like it and want something different haha. I'm not trying to knock you at all its just hilarious that I already know what your gonna say about something before you respond.

As far as our trucks being slow your kinda used to really fast cars :) I'm impressed with how well my truck runs. It's by no means FAST but it runs better than most if not all other stock trucks on the road. I have played around with a lot of trucks and cars and I surprise a lot of them. My truck is a dog off of the line but when you get in the upper rpm band it pulls hard.

js1977 09-29-2012 10:10 PM

I have the opposite effect, everybody that lines up next to me at a light wants to race. Can't say I agree with some above, the truck isn't grease lightning but it isn't slow either. If there's a faster stock 4x4 truck with four doors then I haven't seen it.

GhostR1der 09-29-2012 10:14 PM

I just want to be able to spin the tires at will haha. I don't act like my truck is fast but it is fun to surprise people everyone in awhile.

4x4Hemi 09-29-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostR1der (Post 898983)
I just want to be able to spin the tires at will haha. I don't act like my truck is fast but it is fun to surprise people everyone in awhile.

The truck can but the computer won't :LOL: :LOL:

js1977 09-29-2012 10:20 PM

well my computer must be broken, because.... I can spin them with new tires.