DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   yeah thatll fit in there.......not! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=122532)

daggertats 09-28-2012 06:39 PM

yeah thatll fit in there.......not!

at work today a guy wanted to but a dining rm table and chair set. its the kind you have to assemble. he says i need to see the box...i might have to come back with a truck if it wont fit in the car.i said well its as large as the table top and about as wide as this box(pointing to a box on counter) we get up front he pays and we go outside. i knew i shoulda asked what kinda car like i usually do but i figured heck he knows what hes talkin about its probably a wagon with fold down seat. he pulls up in a chevy impala..yes thats right A CHEVY IMPALA. i knew it wouldnty fit but i decided to see how far this would go before he decided to get the truck. he gets out and opens his truck. ok theres a microwave oven just thrown in there,not boxed up of anything. a few packbacks and a ton of other crap. you couldnt see the truck floor. then he walks over holds his arms out as if to measure the box looks back at the trunk......i politely said sir its not going to fit (wanted to say are you friggin kiddin me the chair leg wont even go in that truck) he says yeah i guess not ill have to come back..........good lord some people

99gp 09-28-2012 07:18 PM

Ha, Your better then me. I don't know if I could have bitten my tongue and not said the are you friggin kiddin me the chair leg wont even go in that trunk

2011 ASSAULT 800 09-28-2012 10:28 PM

I find it funny how he had to measure by holding his arms out hahaha

ShawnC13 09-29-2012 08:30 PM

I had someone one time buy an entertainment center and they wanted to get it in an old Honda Civic lol there was no way it was going in there the box was probably longer then the car

CdnoilRAM 09-29-2012 11:43 PM

Yeah, back in high school, sold a guy a natural gas fired 60 gallon water tank, he wanted me to strap it to the roof of an '89 Civic. I refused, the tank would have crushed the roof, not to mention made the car so top heavy it would have flipped at the slightest turn. Luckily I had my '98 2500, so I offered to drop it off on my way home in an hour. Made me an extra $40, which was huge for me back then.

Gibbonboy 10-09-2012 09:40 PM

Had a lady this summer buy 4 adirondack chairs, went to take them out to the car for her, she had a Nissan Cube! She insisted that she had measured both the car and the chairs, and she was going to take them home one at a time. Well, after about 10 minutes of trying to tetris the chair into the car, I told her there was no way it was gonna go. A lady and her young daughter offered to run the chairs home for this stranger. Ended up the chairs fit in the lady's SUV, but the daughter had to ride in the Nissan with the customer. Really made my day that there are still some nice folks out there! Saw the chair lady a few weeks later, she said that the nice woman refused to take any money, so she made a donation to her church instead.

OTOH, I've hauled 14' rough-cut hemlock lumber in a Festiva before, had to sit with my back to the dash to hold the end of the boards down. Luckily it was a short trip.