DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Question for the fellow 1500 owners (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=122768)

SS4Luck 10-01-2012 11:44 PM

Question for the fellow 1500 owners

Okay guys, I may be coming back way ahead of schedule.

I got a call from my dodge dealership today and they are offering me a hell of a smokin deal on a 2012 Ram 1500 BH... basically a clone of Snow White, jsut one year newer with 4.9 miles on it.

I cant decide if I want another 1500 or I should wait and buy a 2500. I dont NEED the 2500 for towing, but would prefer the diesel for performance being that they can be TUNED!!!!

Parts are more expensive for teh diesel, but i could actually run a 12" lift and 42s like I want and have it look lifted rather than the 6" with coilovers to maybe get 9" of lift and 37s or 39s on the 1500 (like candy08)...

Anyone have both and wanna help me compare? If I got the 2500/3500 it would be a mega cab standard bed leather and fully loaded so we know what trucks we are in the end really comparing

brad12kx 10-02-2012 12:17 AM

100% of the voters have selected the 25/3500.

What are you waiting for!!!! :D

GTyankee 10-02-2012 02:31 AM

diesel, heavier duty automatic transmission or get the standard stick, better larger diameter rear end, heavy duty frame
capable of being easily modded
rougher ride

it is a lot to think about

fastNugly @ BP 10-02-2012 02:45 AM

2500 FTW! Without a doubt.
I don't tow much too but will want a 2500 diesel for the simple reason of power and tunes :smileup:

Stump3r 10-02-2012 03:07 AM

Looks like you will be going 2500 or 3500!!!!

SS4Luck 10-02-2012 09:16 AM

Well the HD, full done (which I will have the aftermarket parts already ordered when i buy the truck) will literally be 2.5x as expensive as the 1500. The difference is I DO expect the diesel to live at least 2.5 times as long as the 1500... i hope lol. Its still gonna be a few months if I do decide on the 2500, but Im having dreams of coal rolling Honda Civics on the highway street racing out here so its keeping the motivation alive hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 900351)
100% of the voters have selected the 25/3500.

What are you waiting for!!!! :D

You just dont want me to help the Anti-Canadian invasion fund :gy::gy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 900415)
diesel, heavier duty automatic transmission or get the standard stick, better larger diameter rear end, heavy duty frame
capable of being easily modded
rougher ride

it is a lot to think about

It would def be an auto, the stick would be fun but im not dealing with OC/LA traffic with a stick in a truck.. I did it in the Camaro before the 4spd Lenco that I have now that its really a nightmare, not to mention those diesel clutches get pretty stiff for a modded truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 900422)
2500 FTW! Without a doubt.
I don't tow much too but will want a 2500 diesel for the simple reason of power and tunes :smileup:

Sounds a lot like what im thinking...

snrusnak 10-02-2012 09:34 AM

Depends on the use IMO. If you won't be using it for heavy duty use I see not point spending the money on it. JMO though. Either way you'll have a great truck :)

CajunDodge 10-02-2012 10:22 AM

Sounds like a tough decision. You could go with the 1500 and get back into a truck sooner than you thought or just wait a bit and get the truck it seems you're leaning towards but that you want and will be happy with. My vote is 2500/3500, just a beefier truck all the way around (if I could even remotely justify a diesel I'd get one in a heartbeat!), you have the option to haul/tow more if you decide to, the mod possibilities but also, you can enjoy having a diesel without the pita of exhaust fluid. Good luck with your choice though, both are great trucks! :smileup:

- Cajun

ArmyofOne 10-02-2012 10:48 AM

IDK man...me, I would go with the 1500. I don't NEED or want anything to do with a 2500 cost for maintenance, parts etc. Its bad enough my 1500 costs so much to maintain (am talking just fluids, belts, filters, etc).

You live in the city right? do you have something else (smaller) to drive? I have driven a 1-ton chevy crew cab (farm truck) through downtown Dallas, and let me tell you...better hope you dont have to park anywhere. These gargantuan trucks are ok on the highway and farm country...not so much in the city/suburbs. When my folks sold the farm and moved to the suburbs, we had to do a 3 point turn to get that truck in the driveway. Ended up it went to my dad's brother (who bought the farm from us).

fastNugly @ BP 10-02-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4Luck (Post 900326)
If I got the 2500/3500 it would be a mega cab standard bed leather and fully loaded so we know what trucks we are in the end really comparing

My next truck is a Mega Cab, that is for sure.
Sure parts cost more, but how much more?
The MPG is better, the power is better, the space is larger, there are more toys (lift, tuner, etc) for it

I would do the damn diesel

Shall I share a pic of lifted cummins?
This is what finalized my decision

Truck 1
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ef2ff6bfb6.jpg

Truck 2 - Did I hear you say Mega Cab?
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...n/2500MC-1.jpg