DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2012 ram 1500 wheel offset question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=123344)

Ram 1 10-09-2012 04:59 PM

2012 ram 1500 wheel offset question
 
Hi guy's.My 6 inch bds lift is on the way.I plan on running 35's,and was wondering if you can get away with a 20/10 inch wheel with a 24mm backspace or 20/10 inch with a 12mm backspace.Hope to have the wheels stick out a bit from stock as I am putting on fender flairs.A SMALL amount of rub would be ok.
I just don't want the flush look to the body.
Cheers John

fastNugly @ BP 10-09-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram 1 (Post 905998)
Hi guy's.My 6 inch bds lift is on the way.I plan on running 35's,and was wondering if you can get away with a 20/10 inch wheel with a 24mm backspace or 20/10 inch with a 12mm backspace.Hope to have the wheels stick out a bit from stock as I am putting on fender flairs.A SMALL amount of rub would be ok.
I just don't want the flush look to the body.
Cheers John

Hi John,

6" lifts EASILY fits 35's :smileup:
If you are putting flares on, will it be pocket flares?
If so and you want the wheels to poke out -24 offset is the way to go as -12 may either be flushed or slightly tucked.

With a 6" and 35's, you will and should not get rub. But then again, there are some with BDS kits that rub. This is more rare than anything else.

If you have any further questions, fire away :smiley_thumbs_up:

What wheels will you be getting?

Ram 1 10-10-2012 02:43 AM

Going with pocket flairs.You would think for the money they would come ready to bolt on.Well nothing that a 6 pack and a few hours didn't fix.Now ready to install.It is going to look like a trans am truck until I get the lift and tires.
I have the rims narrowed down to fuel krank in silver machined,kmc xd spy in black machine or Dale Earnhart jr's inblack machine finish.20/10's
Wouldn't the -24mm be a full inch out more than your wheels if you have a zero offset with your 20/9's?Your wheels look like they stick out past your fender wells a inch already.Mind you are on 37's.
I thought the -12mm would stick out a half inch more than yours,and that looks like lots.
They tell me 2-3 weeks for my lift and nerf side steps.:i_rolleyes:
Going with the ss nerf like yours so I thought the fuel machine krank wheels,and buy a set of black center caps would look custom.
Wait until you see my head/bed rail set up i'm putting on.Going to powder coat on friday.3# inch aluminum square tube.Looks beefy:SHOCKED:
Thank's again for the help!

4x4Hemi 10-10-2012 02:47 AM

ohhh head/bed rail thats sweet, i can't wait to see that

I have 0 offset and the stock fender flares, and it lines up flush :D depends on what ya want

Ram 1 10-10-2012 03:51 AM

One of your pic's they look like they were sticking out at least an inch or more.Must have been the angle.So going with the -12mm should be safe and the-24mm might be pushing it.Do you know of anyone who has run the 24mm?
Just the rims would be special order and if they don't fit I'm stuck with them.
Managed to get on the bully dog wait list too.:smileup:
Damm the the poor credit card is going to take a spanking.T&a racing rear end cover is on the way.I had one on my last 1500.Look's bitch'in and help hold the guts of the posi in.I got more comments on that than you would belive.
What brand of catch can are you runing?I have a steed one on my old blown 5.0 and it works great.
By the way your truck looks awsome,makes me think about 37's but my Akita won't be able to jump in.LOL

rdnlsi 10-10-2012 04:03 AM

I am actually running the BDS lift with Bilstein 5100 adjustable strut maxed out with the Fuel kranks 20x10, -24 offset on 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers on my 2010 Crew... Slight rub on full turns... Send me email and I'll send pics... Don't know how to load pics...

Ram 1 10-10-2012 05:06 AM

Some pic's would be great.My e mail is john37@shaw.ca.
If only slight rub with 37's might even be a bit less with the 35's.
Look forward to the pictures.You guy's rock!!
Time to get some sleep and dream up what is next on the list.
Cheers John

fastNugly @ BP 10-10-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram 1 (Post 906450)
Going with pocket flairs.You would think for the money they would come ready to bolt on.Well nothing that a 6 pack and a few hours didn't fix.Now ready to install.It is going to look like a trans am truck until I get the lift and tires.
I have the rims narrowed down to fuel krank in silver machined,kmc xd spy in black machine or Dale Earnhart jr's inblack machine finish.20/10's
Wouldn't the -24mm be a full inch out more than your wheels if you have a zero offset with your 20/9's?Your wheels look like they stick out past your fender wells a inch already.Mind you are on 37's.
I thought the -12mm would stick out a half inch more than yours,and that looks like lots.
They tell me 2-3 weeks for my lift and nerf side steps.:i_rolleyes:
Going with the ss nerf like yours so I thought the fuel machine krank wheels,and buy a set of black center caps would look custom.
Wait until you see my head/bed rail set up i'm putting on.Going to powder coat on friday.3# inch aluminum square tube.Looks beefy:SHOCKED:
Thank's again for the help!

Yea, I like the Kranks out of your selections.
The pocket flares stick out about 2"-2.5" and is why i recommended the -24 offset as you said you wanted it to be slightly wider.
You can always go with the -12, you will just have a slight tuck look.
Another member on another forum, just did a lift, pocket flares and -12 offset kranks and his is tucked beneath the flare.
Depends on the look you want

Its up to you. Either way, it will look good.

Ram 1 10-10-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 906486)
Yea, I like the Kranks out of your selections.
The pocket flares stick out about 2"-2.5" and is why i recommended the -24 offset as you said you wanted it to be slightly wider.
You can always go with the -12, you will just have a slight tuck look.
Another member on another forum, just did a lift, pocket flares and -12 offset kranks and his is tucked beneath the flare.
Depends on the look you want

Its up to you. Either way, it will look good.

What forum did you find this pic FastNugly?I tried to pm RDNLSI with my e mail for some pictured of his ride with the-24's but the forum won't let me until Ihave 25 post's.
I must not be special.:4-dontknow:LOL.
Thank's

fastNugly @ BP 10-10-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram 1 (Post 906592)
What forum did you find this pic FastNugly?I tried to pm RDNLSI with my e mail for some pictured of his ride with the-24's but the forum won't let me until Ihave 25 post's.
I must not be special.:4-dontknow:LOL.
Thank's

I won't be able to link the thread here.
Google doughboy 6" lift dodge ram 1500
It's a black express with pocket flares.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger