DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   Bighemi04 Build (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=123608)

bighemi04 10-13-2012 10:10 AM

Bighemi04 Build

I am a 27 year old South Side Chicagoan, so yes that means I am a big, semi obnoxious guy, 6'3' 315#, that eats pizza and loves the Bears. I figured I might as well start a build thread. I don't have a million things going on, just some light customization, for now. For some reason the wife doesn't understand why I want to change a $45,000 truck, I say I don't want to look like the Ram next to me at the stoplight. I am going to have this truck for years and I might as well make it my own. I'll post some pics as I go along. Any tips, suggestions, jokes and all half naked ladies are welcomed.

bighemi04 10-13-2012 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I will start in chronological order with photos and mods.

This is the truck I traded in to get my 12. Its an 04 Slt QC 5.7L 2wd. She had a Spectre CAI, 3.92, MSD blaster coil packs and wires, custom catback 40 series, and a throttle body spacer, I know I know, it doesn't do anything. She ran for 118,000 miles and was absolutely amazing. I still love that truck and wish I could have kept it but she got me 7500 in trade, so off she went.

bighemi04 10-13-2012 10:33 AM

4 Attachment(s)
It was a bittersweet departure. My first truck was gone but something better was on the horizon. I had managed to talk the wife into letting me, err us, buy a 12 Ram Sport, hey she got her 11 Ford Edge Limited the year before and i was jealous. So after months of bugging, off we went. I did take the long way to the dealer so I could enjoy my loud ass exhuast on the 04 one more time.

bighemi04 10-13-2012 10:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My first mod was a KN 63 CAI, I know there is much debate about CAI's on here but I went with a KN because I got a great price, thanks auto anything, paid 217 shipped for 15 hp and 17 tq, KN's dyno numbers at the wheels, and the sound that comes out of that thing at WOT is badass. Functions great and I would recommend to anyone

bighemi04 10-13-2012 10:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Next after some great debate in the home I decided I wanted to paint those interior trim pieces we have, mainly because of that damn chrome trim piece around the shiftr that blinds you, I was shocked that made it out of R&D. I have a friend, maybe 2 or 3, that is a body shop supervisor. Lets rewind for a second, as most of us on here, I do things once, if i have to pay extra for things to be perfect and completely warrantied, I will, every time. So I asked my buddy about taking them in and painting them for me, he said yes and that it would be free.99. A professional paint job with my factory paint code, for free. Yes, please. IMO this should be an option. Gloss black interior trim looks absolutely amazing and even my wife had to admit it looks damn good.

bighemi04 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

I have a shorty antenna I installed last night, pics on the way, and a charcoal cabin filter from Geno's Garage that I will be installing somtime soon and I will be putting pics up of that as well

bighemi04 10-13-2012 10:51 AM

Some future mods will be a pair of retro headlights and maybe fogs and a tonneau cover, oh and a BD tuner if i like what i hear from those that bought it first time around.

Asur 10-13-2012 11:35 AM

Looks great, that one nice sweet sexy black truck, congrats. Looking forward to seeing more.

bighemi04 10-13-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 908940)
Looks great, that one nice sweet sexy black truck, congrats. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks man, I am looking forward to adding more. O and those damn badges need to come off of mine too lol

Asur 10-13-2012 01:31 PM

I Have yet to pull mine off, FastNugly keeps bugging me to do them. Maybe one day.