DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Quad Headlights (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=123628)

JEdwards 10-13-2012 02:35 PM

Quad Headlights

I just bought a new 2012 Ram Express, Fire Red, and the only thing on the truck that isn't like I initially wanted are the headlights. I've seen some trucks that come with the "Quad Headlight" and they look amazing. Has anyone done a change over? Do the Dual Element headlights only have one connection for the headlights? Another reason I like the Quad is that I'd like the ability to go HID down the road, as I've heard that the factory lights leave something to be desired!.... Thanks in advance for your help!

fastNugly @ BP 10-13-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEdwards (Post 909113)
I just bought a new 2012 Ram Express, Fire Red, and the only thing on the truck that isn't like I initially wanted are the headlights. I've seen some trucks that come with the "Quad Headlight" and they look amazing. Has anyone done a change over? Do the Dual Element headlights only have one connection for the headlights? Another reason I like the Quad is that I'd like the ability to go HID down the road, as I've heard that the factory lights leave something to be desired!.... Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to the forumZ :smileup:
If you are able to find a set of quads, its plug and play and fits just like your duals do :smiley_thumbs_up:

mikennrg 10-13-2012 03:50 PM

If you're planning on doing HIDs I'd suggest buying projectors instead of the quads. Projectors in the look great. Some prefer them. You'll also have much better cut offs and coverage with projectors.

fastNugly @ BP 10-13-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikennrg (Post 909179)
If you're planning on doing HIDs I'd suggest buying projectors instead of the quads. Projectors in the look great. Some prefer them. You'll also have much better cut offs and coverage with projectors.

What he said ^^^
Or projectors in the quads :smileup:

JEdwards 10-13-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 909180)
What he said ^^^
Or projectors in the quads :smileup:

I'd like to install projectors, but I like the quality of OEM lighting better, I've never had good luck with aftermarker lenses. How hard is it to install the projectors in the OEM Quads?

JEdwards 10-13-2012 05:23 PM

And thanks for the Welcome! This is my first new vehicle. I traded in a 2004 Cadillac CTS and 2000 Silverado regular cab, v6 barebone truck in to get it.

fastNugly @ BP 10-13-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEdwards (Post 909233)
I'd like to install projectors, but I like the quality of OEM lighting better, I've never had good luck with aftermarker lenses. How hard is it to install the projectors in the OEM Quads?

You like the OEM lighting...?
This is one of the poor aspects of the Ram and the reason why many put HIDs or swap the bulbs out.
Hit up ************* and speak with Jeremy, he can set you up with pricing as to what you need and how to do it :smileup:

ShawnC13 10-13-2012 05:43 PM

Fast you have your lights yet?

fastNugly @ BP 10-13-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnC13 (Post 909268)
Fast you have your lights yet?

I do. It arrived the other day.
Need to purchase wiring to connect it all together :smileup:
But it's raining here, so I can't attempt to do this

ShawnC13 10-13-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 909273)
I do. It arrived the other day.
Need to purchase wiring to connect it all together :smileup:
But it's raining here, so I can't attempt to do this

LOL that is right we were discussing wiring methods sorry forgot about that:doh::doh::LOL::4-looney: