DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Off Road Shenanigans PICS (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=123770)

Rug 15 10-15-2012 08:56 PM

Off Road Shenanigans PICS

5 Attachment(s)
Well gents. here is the story. Im originally from MI, and decided to hit up a mud hole a buddy told me to try. and so i did, with my newly completed RAM of sexyness. needless to say, bad things happened.

First, flew off trail, hit a tree. ( hood bumper and brushgaurd KOed)
Continued wheelin, Got stuck. (very stuck)
tow strap snapped, blowing window out of buddys jeep
Jeep got stuck.... (bad ass jeep though, mud was nasty)
Finnaly winched me out, popped tire.

like.. REALLY? what bad luck. THOUGH there is a silver lining.

tire wasnt bad, valve stem ripped. quick fix.

payed insurance, everything covered for my 500$ deductible and premium didnt raise.

and.. the winner... the gen 4 rams have a super expensive shit plastic bumper.. instead of Insurance covering that 2000$ worth of plastic.. i convinced them.. TO PUT ON THE RAMRUNNER BUMPER FO FREEE WOOOOOOO

so all in all good stuff (cept i gotta wait 3 weeks for truck cause bumpers on backorder.....)

here is pics of that night.. and soon will be pics of fixed SUPER sexyness.

Rug 15 10-15-2012 09:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here is me stuck in the muck.... the suction was insane... and there is some random flex on some random boat. haha and lastley what truck will sort of look like with new bumper!!!

GeauxHunting 10-15-2012 09:11 PM

That is the best way I've heard of getting the ram runner bumper!

Awesome pictures man. Gotta pay to play hahah. Sounds like a typical night of drinking and muddin.... hahah

Bikenut 10-15-2012 11:31 PM

Looks like fun but its BS that your insurance company paid for that. You do have to pay to play and insurance is not there to pay for the play. Sorry bud, just my opinion.

llsht14 10-16-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikenut (Post 911382)
insurance is not there to pay for the play. Sorry bud, just my opinion.

Im pretty sure thats why you pay for it

snrusnak 10-16-2012 12:34 PM

Definitely BS you had insurance cover it. Insurance is for accidents on the road, they aren't there for off roading, drag racing, etc. Wreck a car on the drag strip and you are NOT covered. Same thing here. Way to take advantage and raise everyone elses rates that had nothing to do with this situation.

I don't understand why someone would destroy a perfectly good truck anyway.

Shenanigans is a good way to describe this...

Butter 10-16-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikenut (Post 911382)
You do have to pay to play and insurance is not there to pay for the play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 911767)
Insurance is for accidents on the road, they aren't there for off roading, drag racing, etc. Wreck a car on the drag strip and you are NOT covered. Same thing here.

It depends on the insurance you buy, my truck is covered anywhere I drive it. On road, Off raod, at a drag strip anywhere! I pay more for it because of that but it is covered as long as it's myself or my wife driving it.

snrusnak 10-16-2012 05:34 PM

^What insurance is it?

I'm sure he's not talking about "special" insurance.

ShiftJockey 10-16-2012 05:35 PM

Nice smack on the hood there. Buddy has to be ticked about his back window too!

col 10-16-2012 05:57 PM

Looks like a lot of fun but i guess you've opened a big ass can of worms here man...:LOL: