DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   New to the forum/and questions (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=124915)

Havoc5454 10-30-2012 12:23 AM

New to the forum/and questions

Been lurking for a while reading up on everything. Finally purchased my own truck today. It's a black 2012 Ram 1500 4X4. Got a lot of appearence items ordered but I mainly had questions about the suspension part of it.

Here is what I have been planning to do.

-Rough Country 6 in. suspension lift
-Moto Metal 962 - 20X9, 5X5.5, O.S.-0MM, BS-5.00 in.
-Nitto Trail Grappler 37 inch, 12.50 wide

Will this fit with the 6 inch lift? I have been reading on the forums where some people use the Bilsteins shocks up front with a spacer in the back. If I do need to use those where can I buy them at? and also will I need any sort of wheel spacer with those wheels?

fastNugly @ BP 10-30-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havoc5454 (Post 924796)
Been lurking for a while reading up on everything. Finally purchased my own truck today. It's a black 2012 Ram 1500 4X4. Got a lot of appearence items ordered but I mainly had questions about the suspension part of it.

Here is what I have been planning to do.

-Rough Country 6 in. suspension lift
-Moto Metal 962 - 20X9, 5X5.5, O.S.-0MM, BS-5.00 in.
-Nitto Trail Grappler 37 inch, 12.50 wide

Will this fit with the 6 inch lift? I have been reading on the forums where some people use the Bilsteins shocks up front with a spacer in the back. If I do need to use those where can I buy them at? and also will I need any sort of wheel spacer with those wheels?

This will fit perfect and exactly what you listed is on my truck :smileup:

The Bilsteins and rear coil spacer isn't necessary, unless you want to really level out the front. Which you set it at 1.4"
But if you want to maximize use of the Bilsteins, you need to set it to either 2.1 or 2.75, you'll need a 1"-1.5" rear coil spacer or even a 1.75". This can be purchased from top gun customz.
This will keep you level or with a slight rake of less than an inch

fastNugly @ BP 10-30-2012 12:26 AM

Oh, and Welcome to the Z and congrats on your new purchase :smileup:

Havoc5454 10-30-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 924801)
Oh, and Welcome to the Z and congrats on your new purchase :smileup:

Thanks! Your truck looks beautiful. Are you using the Bilstein shocks and spacer or just the lift by itself?

fastNugly @ BP 10-30-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havoc5454 (Post 924806)
Thanks! Your truck looks beautiful. Are you using the Bilstein shocks and spacer or just the lift by itself?

Yes sir and thanks!
In my pic below, Bilsteins are set to 2.1" and I have a 1" rear coil spacer and have a 1/2" rake :smileup:

Havoc5454 10-30-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 924812)
Yes sir and thanks!
In my pic below, Bilsteins are set to 2.1" and I have a 1" rear coil spacer and have a 1/2" rake :smileup:

Okay awesome. last questions,

-I guess the Bilsteins just replace the shocks that come in the RCX kit?

-and where can I buy the Bilsteins and the spacer at?

fastNugly @ BP 10-30-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havoc5454 (Post 924815)
Okay awesome. last questions,

-I guess the Bilsteins just replace the shocks that come in the RCX kit?

-and where can I buy the Bilsteins and the spacer at?

Bilsteins replace your front factory shocks as the lift kit uses your front stock shocks.
If you google Bilsteins 5100, you'll find quite a few online retailers that sell them.

Or I can price you out a set if you'd like

Rear coil spacer can be purchased from top gun customz

Havoc5454 10-30-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 924821)
Bilsteins replace your front factory shocks as the lift kit uses your front stock shocks.
If you google Bilsteins 5100, you'll find quite a few online retailers that sell them.

Or I can price you out a set if you'd like

Rear coil spacer can be purchased from top gun customz

So will I still use the strut spacer with the different shocks? What price can you get the shocks at? and what total amount of lift will all this achieve?

-sorry for all the questions.
Just trying to get it smoothed out before I go to the shop tomorrow.

fastNugly @ BP 10-30-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havoc5454 (Post 924833)
So will I still use the strut spacer with the different shocks? What price can you get the shocks at? and what total amount of lift will all this achieve?

-sorry for all the questions.
Just trying to get it smoothed out before I go to the shop tomorrow.

Are you already at the shop ordering all the stuff?

But to answer your question...you will still use the strut spacer.
That is how you get the lift. The Bilsteins will level out your truck...

Our trucks come with an avg rake of 3" and the lift kit only eliminates 1" of that

Havoc5454 10-30-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 924967)
Are you already at the shop ordering all the stuff?

But to answer your question...you will still use the strut spacer.
That is how you get the lift. The Bilsteins will level out your truck...

Our trucks come with an avg rake of 3" and the lift kit only eliminates 1" of that

I'm going by the shop today to see about labor pricing. Ill probably buy the lift through them because they offer a warranty on it installed. Then see if they could throw the shocks and coil spacer on with it.

Should I run any kind of wheel spacer with these rims and tires?