DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (
-   -   Programmer? (

T-Rex 10-31-2012 07:00 PM

Im really confused on this motor, i cant find a decent programmer for my truck, its a 4.7 SLT v8 and they dont usually make them for that? atleast i havent come across any, well besides chips, but im looking for a programmer. Mainly too delete out my o2's. Any help on where i can find one ?

99gp 10-31-2012 08:19 PM

Why do you want to delete your o2's? superchips makes a tuner for your truck. it is model number 3865

T-Rex 11-01-2012 12:25 AM

So i can dummy out my cats, truck wont run right if i dont have them deleted or bypassed, and/or my computer flashed

snrusnak 11-01-2012 03:44 PM

Diablo and superchips(and SCT, and many others) make tuners for your truck. I don't think ANY of them give you the option to turn off the downstream O2 sensors though.

The downstream O2 sensors do not effect performance(a/f ratios) at all, they are purely for emissions. The only reason to manipulate the computer would be if you don't want the engine light on. It won't effect how the truck runs.

You can do the spark plug non fouler/anti fouler spacer mod to the O2 sensors to keep the light off...