DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram R/T (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   2011 Trinity Owners???????? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=125314)

huddyhud 11-04-2012 06:05 PM

2011 Trinity Owners????????

I have 2012 R/T and stuck waiting like everyone else for the tunes to b4 released to support the 6 speed tranny. My question is II would like some feedback from R/T owners. All the other other threads seem to be allot QC and 4x4 input. I not ordered yet but plan on it as soon as it's released so any comments or option's would be great. I'm assuming with our stalls and 410 rears to get the best results a custom tune is the way to go. My question is who to go with?

bighemi04 11-04-2012 06:56 PM

Hemifever is a good option for custom tuning. There is a thread around here somewhere about someone using him with his 2011 R/T I believe, I just can't find it.

bighemi04 11-04-2012 06:59 PM

Here it is.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=125167

huddyhud 11-04-2012 07:03 PM

I read one with a guy talking about his QC but don't think it was a R/T. I would even be happy hearing some input of a R/T with canned tunes. Good looking out though.

huddyhud 11-04-2012 07:06 PM

Yea that's the one i was talking about. He starts off taking about a R/T but after the first post his are all in a quad cab.

bighemi04 11-04-2012 07:11 PM

Oops, sorry about that.

huddyhud 11-04-2012 07:13 PM

It's all good thanks though

TheBlackHemi 11-05-2012 12:35 AM

It's a 4x2 CrewCab get it right....hahaha. Hemifever did tune myself and a RT though, you might wanna check his facebook to find out who that is. I ran my buddy's 2012 RT from 0-75 and had him by a truck length and pulling on him. So I would say without tuning it doesn't seem all that impressive weighing 1000 pounds less.

huddyhud 11-05-2012 08:20 AM

Yea i figured it was. Not bad at all the torque management on mine suck at certain throttle positions out will pin you in your seat but from a stand still and WOT it feels like a terd. Sad part is I've had it four months and only races i can find are Chevys. Needless to say a cake walk. I don't do face book anymore so if you hear anything about that R/T keep me posted please.

ramrt1993 11-05-2012 12:42 PM

It's really ironic that I stumbled upon this thread, I've been in lurk mode for a few months..the guy with the 2011 R/T being tuned by Hemifever is me. I gotta say, Hemifever does a great job and he's a great guy to work with.

As for results, I feel like I haven't done enough testing to give you guys full info on this stuff. But really, the canned 93 performance tune from diablo isn't nearly as good as Hemifever's tune. Hemifever's tune is also way faster than B&G's tune that I had. A buddy of mine has a cummins has an efi live tune, a stall converter, exhaust, and possibly some other stuff done to it. Me and him race regularly. Before my B&G tune, he flat out beat me. After my B&G tune, I could hang with him until 90 at which point he blew by me. Last night with Hemifever's tune, I beat him. The crazy thing is, he actually put an upgraded turbo in it two days ago. He was surprised to say the least. I'm pretty sure he was expecting to slaughter me. On a side note, since I only have 2WD, he doesn't use his 4WD against me. He'd most likely beat me with his 4WD on.

Because I have crazy traction problems up until about 45 MPH, it's hard to see how this tune has affected my 0-60, but my 60-100 times have been decreased by nearly a second according to my datalogs. Overall, Hemifever's tune is well worth $125.

There's a good chance I'm getting my truck dyno'd today to compare stock tune vs Hemifever's tune, but I'm not sure yet. For some reason, Hemifever hasn't posted my truck on his Facebook page yet...