DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Does anyone have a "Clear Bra" on their truck (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=125428)

moparbay 11-06-2012 09:48 AM

Does anyone have a "Clear Bra" on their truck

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

I am thinking about putting a Clear Bra on my 2012 Sport to avoid rock chips on the bumper and grill.

Has anyone put a Clear Bra on their truck and can you recommend/not recommend them and why?

Thanks

06Stang 11-06-2012 01:14 PM

I put it on my fenders behind each wheel. Very easy to put on and the cutter cut the templates perfect. I'd recommend it but only if you have precut templates.

Scotty85 11-12-2012 02:56 PM

Where would I get something like that? I was looking into the 3M vinyl stuff that you can't really see. Are there any other alternatives?

Scott

CdnoilRAM 11-12-2012 08:32 PM

There are other alternatives but the 3M is the best stuff I've found at a decent price. The cheap stuff will either yellow or be very visible, but the 3M stay the way it should (friend's charger is going on 3 years with no damage or notable change.

snrusnak 11-12-2012 08:48 PM

I put some of it(different brand, can't remember off hand) above the tailgate handle to avoid scratches from the wedding band. Also have it on my buell in places where my jeans rub the frame paint. Works great.

moparbay 11-14-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty85 (Post 935569)
Where would I get something like that? I was looking into the 3M vinyl stuff that you can't really see. Are there any other alternatives?

Scott

I have found both a stick on film from a local truck accessory store that does tinting and linex, but i have also found that my body shop does a spray on coating called Amor Coat that is suppposed to be good stuff. I got prices from $550 for the 3M film to $900 for the spray on Amor Coat stuff. I am told that both option look the same with a thin line appearing at the edge of application. My thoughts are the 3M film as i can remove it later if needed but the spray on is pretty permanent.

snrusnak 11-14-2012 05:00 PM

Holy crap that much $ for just a bra?

You ought to be able to buy the material for like under $100 I'd guess, and do it yourself. It's pretty easy.

06Stang 11-15-2012 12:31 PM

I have a free roll at my shop so I just do it myself. I'll tell ya tough, very very easy to install if you have experience laying film or putting on vinyl decals. Very forgiving just make sure and wet it and clean your hands and the area properly. Like I said though, unless you get it pre cut its really not going to look good. Use a heat gun to lay down any fingers.

Check eBay for the precut templates.

moparbay 11-16-2012 04:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, not sure yet which way i will go. You guys will know when i know.:smileup: