DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Voted (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=125452)

sonocativo 11-06-2012 04:39 PM

Voted
 
The Anti-Obama way...lol
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...tivo/voted.jpg

the persuader 11-07-2012 01:02 AM

I did as well. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

markjr 11-07-2012 01:15 AM

my vote lost again!

GTyankee 11-07-2012 02:51 AM

I never have liked the way they decide who wins

It is not done by personal vote counting

say a state has 1000 people in it
501 of those votes go to candidate A
499 of the votes go to candidate B

because more people voted for candidate A
ALL the ELECTORAL votes go to candidate A
the 499 people that voted for candidate B votes don't count in a Presidential vote count
they do for Governors, mayors, propositions, etc

our voting system sucks when it comes to Presidential elections

sorry for the rant, but that is the way i feel

jacksonsnorth 11-07-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 931425)
I never have liked the way they decide who wins

It is not done by personal vote counting

say a state has 1000 people in it
501 of those votes go to candidate A
499 of the votes go to candidate B

because more people voted for candidate A
ALL the ELECTORAL votes go to candidate A
the 499 people that voted for candidate B votes don't count in a Presidential vote count
they do for Governors, mayors, propositions, etc

our voting system sucks when it comes to Presidential elections

sorry for the rant, but that is the way i feel

I feel exactly the same way! Electoral vote is BS should be done by popular vote only like local elections are done.

ridgerunnerseoinc 11-07-2012 07:06 AM

It's amazing when U look at the map of the US when it is colored Red and Blue. There is soooo much more RED than blue it's not even close, even the states themselves are FAR more RED than blue. The high population centers (sheeple in cities) decide the election and not the down to earth people everywhere else.

gusman 11-07-2012 07:30 AM

^ I was just saying that. Lets base presidential elections off of color on the US map.. ROMNEY WINS! Everyone's happy..


Instead.. we're all screwed..

CajunDodge 11-07-2012 10:40 AM

Yep, another 4 years......Those that voted for the President will get what they want, just hope they want what they're gonna get......:(

- Cajun

Maddevill 11-07-2012 01:26 PM

Uh.. Romney also lost the popular vote....

Synthetickiller 11-07-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 931425)
I never have liked the way they decide who wins

It is not done by personal vote counting

say a state has 1000 people in it
501 of those votes go to candidate A
499 of the votes go to candidate B

because more people voted for candidate A
ALL the ELECTORAL votes go to candidate A
the 499 people that voted for candidate B votes don't count in a Presidential vote count
they do for Governors, mayors, propositions, etc

our voting system sucks when it comes to Presidential elections

sorry for the rant, but that is the way i feel

I have a hugely different political agenda than everyone here, so I won't touch on what I think...


But... doesn't popular vote have the same issue? 51% of the nation can vote one way and the other 49% is forced to go along with it.

I'm not really seeing the logic in the argument.

There's only been, what, one or two elections in our history where the popular vote didn't reflect the electoral college vote, right? Most people here were probably happy with that outcome (Bush/Gore in 2000).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger