DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Maybe I can help you - DONT BUY A RAM (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=125688)

steve5901 11-09-2012 03:06 PM

Maybe I can help you - DONT BUY A RAM

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CHRYSLER CORP

Maybe someone will read this and not buy a Dodge product. I wished I had seen something like this before I made the mistake of buying one.

Just took delivery of a 2012 Ram 1500. This is my 4th Dodge truck AND LAST. What junk! The "technology package" is maybe technology as it was back in 2004. Doesn't allow uploads from iPod, iphone, lap top or Mp3's.

The truck was way out of alignment and pulled hard to the right.

They left the wheel locks in the glove box for me to install.

I paid extra to go from the standard wheels to the 20 inch wheels. Then an additional $400 to get "chrome clad aluminum" wheels. What this means is chrome plastic hub caps!! The truck is brand new and the "chrome" is already pitted. The dealer says that I am mistaken that this wonderful plastic cannot pit. I was looking at the hub cap, which is already heavily pitted while he siad this. I can imagine what it will look like after some brake dust gets on it.

I am so unhappy, after 3 days I offered them $2,000 to take it back and give me my old truck back. They said maybe $4,000-5,000 and I could get my old truck back if they could find it.

I have driven this only to and from the dealer 4 times to get various things fixed. I have NOT driven anywhere else. It has 135 miles.

I will be posting similar comments on as many sites as I can find. I hope to keep someone else from wasting their money on a Chrysler product.

themightye 11-09-2012 03:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your truck. I have 3000 miles on mine, no problems whatsoever.

4x4Hemi 11-09-2012 03:17 PM

.... Did you drive it before you bought it. Did you check over it before handing over the check. Do research on the wheels before you buy them and then complain. What person doesn't look at all this before they buy it....

TLSXD 11-09-2012 03:24 PM

3800 miles here and love my truck, coming from a 12 gmc this thing is so much nicer. Sorry to hear about your bad expeirence

Asur 11-09-2012 03:30 PM

I don't think your problem is the Truck, I think its where you went to buy it. 9000 clicks here and no issues. If you have not spoken to the Dealership owner yet, I would call him and tell him your issues, then see what happens, I would not tell people in a forum not to buy a Ram truck just because you were not thorough prior to signing on the dotted line, but more like tell them you screwed up and bought yours at the wrong dealer. JMO

Clifford17 11-09-2012 03:30 PM

i agree with 4x4HEMI....maybe you should have driven it first and did your research...i got 10K on mine now with no issues at all. if you think you wasted ur money on a dodge maybe you should have bought and ecoboom....i mean eco boost......just google ecoboost problem and see for ur self that they are junk..

GTyankee 11-09-2012 03:36 PM

4X4HEMI, i guess that would be me, when i got to the dealership lot

I never even looked at the grille
never looked under the hood
didn't care what wheels it had on it
they told me it had a 8 cylinder & an automatic transmission
i never drove it before the paperwork was done
they had to air up one tire & jump start it to take me on a test drive, the salesman drove, i just wanted to watch & feel

i bought it because of the color

By the way, here it is 3 years & 8 months later, 80,000 miles & it still looks, drives, & feels great!!

the only thing that i had an issue with was the stock tires, no grip

KYSEAN 11-09-2012 03:42 PM

Wonder what the chances are the OP works for another brand:thk:

bighemi04 11-09-2012 03:46 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems. Haven't yet heard of anyone with such issues as yours. Sounds like a crappy dealership.

redramsrule 11-09-2012 03:57 PM

pulled ?dont like the wheel package? dont like tha tech package? sounds like a good truck, and you didnt do your homework on what you were buying.i say go cry to someone that wants to hear it,or read it .a truck that pulls does not make it a piece of crap. it says where you bought your truck has poor service