DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram R/T (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   2011 R/T Dyno (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=125774)

Jram302 11-10-2012 11:43 PM

2011 R/T Dyno

1 Attachment(s)
Dyno'ed the R/T today. Mods are an afe intake and 14" magnaflow muffler. Also have a trinity tuner but I dyno'ed it with the stock tune first and then loaded the 93 perf tune to see the difference but something had to be off because it was getting numbers way too low for the diablo tune. UNBROKEN also had his truck on the dyno today and he'll post up his numbers too.

This is with the stock tune, diablo pull wasnt printed.

282 rwhp and 312 rwtq

UNBROKEN 11-11-2012 01:28 AM

Our plan was to compare an essentially stock truck to one with all available bolt ons sans tuning. Mine has the V6 fan, 180* t-stat, JBA shorties, custom mid pipe, Magnaflow cat back, 87mm TB and a Legmaker intake tube with an aFe drop in filter. We both have R/T's and we hit the same dyno one right after the other. Mine made 307HP and 343 TQ....a 25 hp and 31 ft lb increase with no tuning involved. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...71792882_n.jpg I kinda wanted to settle down the talk from people that add all that stuff and claim 50-60hp increases....it's just not gonna happen that way. I saw another truck online today with essentially the same mods I have made 306 without tuning. He made a large increase with tuning though....which is expected with all the other supporting mods in place. So....that's our little experiment...take it for what it's worth.

jlibert 11-11-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jram302 (Post 934426)
Dyno'ed the R/T today. Mods are an afe intake and 14" magnaflow muffler. Also have a trinity tuner but I dyno'ed it with the stock tune first and then loaded the 93 perf tune to see the difference but something had to be off because it was getting numbers way too low for the diablo tune. UNBROKEN also had his truck on the dyno today and he'll post up his numbers too.

282 rwhp and 312 rwtq

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN (Post 934551)
Our plan was to compare an essentially stock truck to one with all available bolt ons sans tuning. Mine has the V6 fan, 180* t-stat, JBA shorties, custom mid pipe, Magnaflow cat back, 87mm TB and a Legmaker intake tube with an aFe drop in filter. We both have R/T's and we hit the same dyno one right after the other. Mine made 307HP and 343 TQ....a 25 hp and 31 ft lb increase with no tuning involved. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...71792882_n.jpg I kinda wanted to settle down the talk from people that add all that stuff and claim 50-60hp increases....it's just not gonna happen that way. I saw another truck online today with essentially the same mods I have made 306 without tuning. He made a large increase with tuning though....which is expected with all the other supporting mods in place. So....that's our little experiment...take it for what it's worth.

Great info, thanks for taking the time to share.

As everyone knows, the same truck can be +/- 10% from one dyno to another, so the numbers don't really matter. It's the gains over the baseline that matter.

jlibert 11-11-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jram302 (Post 934426)

282 rwhp and 312 rwtq

what were the numbers with the Diablo tune?

TriSum 11-11-2012 04:50 AM

Damn, that is low for a 395hp truck. Lot's of drivetrain loss there.

MF2000 11-11-2012 06:45 AM

That 1st chart looks odd with the swoopy up and down. The air/fuel ratio stayed stoich until 4500 rpm's too. Very odd.

With a tune, I would expect a huge improvement for both trucks.

Jram302 11-11-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlibert (Post 934601)
what were the numbers with the Diablo tune?

The first pull was a very low 198 or 189 i cant remember correctly and the second pull was about 240 i think. Either something on the dyno caused it to read it wrong or maybe that guy was just inexperienced with dynoing ram trucks with a stall converter on them. It definelty feels like it has much more than that with the diablosport.

After reading TheBlackHemi's thread he did say that HemiFever told him these trucks are a pain to dyno and that he had to dyno his truck about 15 times and that his numbers would peak high and then drop.

Maybe that could have been an issue aswell. Next weekend i'll try to go back and have them run it on the dyno one more time with the diablosport and see what comes up.

Jram302 11-11-2012 09:49 AM

Main thing we wanted to do was compare a stock trucks hp numbers vs one with the boltons and see the rwhp difference. We accomplished that and dynoing it with the diablosport trinity would have been a plus but that didnt turn out to great lol.

ericlee9386 11-11-2012 04:40 PM

My only question here is why do some dyno at 303-315 stock then others at 280. Is it the dyno's that are different or just the user. I know the numbers dont count but it would be nice to see good gains there and on the track.

UNBROKEN 11-11-2012 05:06 PM

You cannot compare 2 different trucks on 2 different dynos in different locations and get valid data. Same dyno, same day, same settings then you're good. Otherwise it's junk info as far as comparisons go. Dynos are tuning tools....nothing more.