DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Vib/Wierd feeling in pedal with 6" & Bilsteins (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=126361)

Big R Dodge 11-18-2012 11:54 PM

Vib/Wierd feeling in pedal with 6" & Bilsteins

Hey I just wondering if anyone else was getting a wierd vibration/ wierd feeling in steering and gas pedal while turning corners at certain times. I don't get any vibrations other than that. Im running 37" BFG MT, 6" RCX with bilsteins at 2.1 setting and 1.75" rear coil spacers in back, with 1/4'' wheel spacers up front. Its not the tires rubbing on the wheel wells I checked if it was rubbing!

Any help Thanks!:4-dontknow:

fastNugly @ BP 11-19-2012 12:02 AM

This is odd for sure!
My first question would have been, is your Bilsteins maxed....they are not.
Was your alignment done properly?

Wish I could you....but I'd take it back to the shop that installed it and get EM to look into for you

Big R Dodge 11-19-2012 12:42 AM

My only guess would be that it has something to do with the cv axles but my bilsteins aren't even at max. They told me when it came back from the alignment shop that it had just passed. I don't know if I should just put the bilsteins back to 0 and take out the coil spacer.

fastNugly @ BP 11-19-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big R Dodge (Post 941027)
My only guess would be that it has something to do with the cv axles but my bilsteins aren't even at max. They told me when it came back from the alignment shop that it had just passed. I don't know if I should just put the bilsteins back to 0 and take out the coil spacer.

Don't do 0 man!
I just had mine changed 3 times (lift wise)
1) 6" with Bilsteins at 2.1
2) added a 3" body lift
3) removed 3" and dropped Bilsteins to 1.4" and still have the 1" rear coil spacer and my truck drives like a Cadillac. No word of a lie
Much better than stock. And I got MT's tires on as well.

That 1.75" rear coil is what will throw it off.

Setting the Bilsteins at 1.4" without the coil spacer will have you leveled.
Want some rake, drop it to 0.7" or add a 1" like myself.
I'd do the later of the 2.

Big R Dodge 11-19-2012 01:04 AM

Ok thanks for the tips man, how much lift do you have now? The reason I put the coil spacer is so it wouldn't sag, but it really kinda gives it a rake. How does it throw it off? Just wondering what you mean? Rake wise?

fastNugly @ BP 11-19-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big R Dodge (Post 941051)
Ok thanks for the tips man, how much lift do you have now? The reason I put the coil spacer is so it wouldn't sag, but it really kinda gives it a rake. How does it throw it off? Just wondering what you mean? Rake wise?

Same reason I have a coil spacer too! :smileup:
At 1.4 and the 1" spacer, I have a 1 1/8" rake.
I want the rake for sagging reasons too.
Without the 1", I'd have .25" rake which looks too level for my taste.

So I'd get a 1" spacer if you want rake and do 1.4"
Do go lower.
1.4" drives amazing.

Of course proper alignment will determine that :smiley_thumbs_up:

Big R Dodge 11-19-2012 11:19 PM

Ok man thanks a lot for the info! Do you still have the 3" body lift? And how much premature wear would I get on the cvs at 1.4" instead of 2.1" would it be a lot better for them?

fastNugly @ BP 11-20-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big R Dodge (Post 941991)
Ok man thanks a lot for the info! Do you still have the 3" body lift? And how much premature wear would I get on the cvs at 1.4" instead of 2.1" would it be a lot better for them?

I removed the 3" and its going to another member whenever he can pick it up.
The higher you go, the more the CVs will be angled.
2.1 is ok. When it settles it will be 1.9-1.95"
Of course the lower you go the better and is probably why my ride is super smooth.
Wasn't bad at 2.1....but I can tell the difference at the lower setting.