DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   2013 Tundra (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=126910)

Roman Chariot 11-27-2012 12:44 AM

2013 Tundra

So I'm not sure were would be the correct place to post this but; since the 2013 Ram is so Badass, I thought I would post it here.

This is What Happened: I clicked on the Tundra App at the top of one of my pages only to find out...its the exact same, old, boring Tundra that has been on the market for the last 8 years! I know that SOME of them have a torque and gear advantage on the 4G hemi's....but why anyone buy one of these ugly, outdated, and overpriced import trucks?

Thoughts?

gusman 11-27-2012 07:23 AM

Titan hasn't been redesigned.. well.. ever. I'm a fan of the titans tho, had one myself, awesome truck. You're right, the tundras are horrendous and the interiors even in the loaded models look and feel like an 01 camry.

2014 titans supposedly are getting a 100% makeover.. we shall see.

groogrux 11-27-2012 07:54 AM

The interior on the Tundra makes it so undesireable....forget about an '01 Camry, more like an '86 Tercel

Grubrunner 11-27-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman Chariot (Post 947065)
So I'm not sure were would be the correct place to post this but; since the 2013 Ram is so Badass, I thought I would post it here.

This is What Happened: I clicked on the Tundra App at the top of one of my pages only to find out...its the exact same, old, boring Tundra that has been on the market for the last 8 years! I know that SOME of them have a torque and gear advantage on the 4G hemi's....but why anyone buy one of these ugly, outdated, and overpriced import trucks?

Thoughts?

What makes you say they're imported?

Outdated? Last 8 years? Huh? The current 2ND Gen Tundra was released in Spring 2007; the current 4TH Gen Ram 1500 was released in Fall 2008. I'd hardly call either "outdated" as, though both look somewhat like their D.O.B, both have undergone minor cosmetic changes [improvements] during that period. As for your ".... its the exact same, old, boring Tundra that has been on the market for the last 8 years!" remark, maybe you can explain....

Overpriced? The 2013 Toyota Tundra's MSRP range is from $23,580 - $44,460. The 2013 Ram 1500's MSRP range is from $21,246 - $43,831. If the Tundra is overpirced, then so is the Ram 1500..... unless you want to split hairs over $600.00 or so.

Ugly? That's your opinion and I respect it. Sure, it doesn't have the lines and flows of our trucks but I would hardly call it "ugly." If you want to see ugly, drop into your local Ford dealership......

..... and if you're wondeingr: Yeah, I AM a Tundra fan. I was [literally] three days from purchasing a 2012 Tundra Limited Crew 4X4 5.7L loaded. I had the vehicle picked, had a deposit check written out to the purchasing dealership and finances sorted. I then went to a Ram dealership based on a family member's recommendations..... and loved the Ram 1500 a little more; and here we are today.

The Tundra is anything but what you described, IMO. It's a damn fine truck that MANY reviews and reviewers have written about since its birth with nothing but praise; as it regularly gets voted the number 1 pick among the [competitive] full-sized pickup market. It has a VERY loyal following considering it's "imported" tag and BRILLIANT marketing wizards [@ Tundra] that have done amazing with it. I just think the Ram 1500 is a better [all-round] truck.

Now the Nissan Titan, yeah, IMHO, that's a piece of crap!

Safe driving.

dafoot 11-27-2012 08:15 AM

^^^^^^ Well said. I owned 2, 2nd gen Tundras. Its one of the best 1/2 ton pullers out there. I went with Ram because I felt it was a nicer truck with a better ride. Even with 392s, The Tundra was a better puller.

TheAxeman 11-27-2012 09:07 AM

I still own a Tundra and consider it one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I had originally bought it to replace a Dodge 1500 which had the four wheel drive go out on it after 40K miles. I beat the crap out of the Tundra and it remains bulletproof after 145K. I'm not a real "brand specific" kind of buyer and find most of the pickups on the market today to be worthy of purchase. Right now I own 3 Dodge, a Tundra, a Chevy, and a Ford and they all have their strong and weak points.

gusman 11-27-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 947139)
What makes you say they're imported?

Outdated? Last 8 years? Huh? The current 2ND Gen Tundra was released in Spring 2007; the current 4TH Gen Ram 1500 was released in Fall 2008. I'd hardly call either "outdated" as, though both look somewhat like their D.O.B, both have undergone minor cosmetic changes [improvements] during that period. As for your ".... its the exact same, old, boring Tundra that has been on the market for the last 8 years!" remark, maybe you can explain....

Overpriced? The 2013 Toyota Tundra's MSRP range is from $23,580 - $44,460. The 2013 Ram 1500's MSRP range is from $21,246 - $43,831. If the Tundra is overpirced, then so is the Ram 1500..... unless you want to split hairs over $600.00 or so.

Ugly? That's your opinion and I respect it. Sure, it doesn't have the lines and flows of our trucks but I would hardly call it "ugly." If you want to see ugly, drop into your local Ford dealership......

..... and if you're wondeingr: Yeah, I AM a Tundra fan. I was [literally] three days from purchasing a 2012 Tundra Limited Crew 4X4 5.7L loaded. I had the vehicle picked, had a deposit check written out to the purchasing dealership and finances sorted. I then went to a Ram dealership based on a family member's recommendations..... and loved the Ram 1500 a little more; and here we are today.

The Tundra is anything but what you described, IMO. It's a damn fine truck that MANY reviews and reviewers have written about since its birth with nothing but praise; as it regularly gets voted the number 1 pick among the [competitive] full-sized pickup market. It has a VERY loyal following considering it's "imported" tag and BRILLIANT marketing wizards [@ Tundra] that have done amazing with it. I just think the Ram 1500 is a better [all-round] truck.

Now the Nissan Titan, yeah, IMHO, that's a piece of crap!

Safe driving.

I'm assuming you have not owned, nor driven a Titan. I had an 05 for 6 years, and it was a great truck. Fully loaded in 05 with everything but nav, sticker was 34k. You couldnt even get a cloth hemi ram for that.. That thing would haul and pull anything I put at it, and it was one of the most comfortable trucks to drive. My dad has a 2010 and although the styling is becoming dated, it is an awesome truck. Have had zero problems with either. If it wasn't for the dated styling and the constant japanese harassment my buddies gave me:gy: I'd get into another titan in a heartbeat. Excellent truck

SFVDOC 11-27-2012 10:24 AM

They say the Tundra is made in the USA and has more American made parts then any of the big three. I don't have a link to where I've read this but I've seen it said time and time again. I think the Tundra is a very capable truck. But the Interior didn't do anything for me. In fact, it was the interior of the Ram that won me over from the others.

Kcbigbadram 11-27-2012 12:02 PM

i actually like the exterior of the tundra. if the interior wasnt so bad i might be driving one instead of my ram. so i guess im glad they have crap interiors:smileup:

snrusnak 11-27-2012 03:02 PM

The tundra is really ugly. The previous model tundra was decent looking. The titan is decent looking as well, it's very sporty.

I've seen so many issues with various toyotas(tundra, tacoma, camry)...all the popular models except corolla's that I'd never buy one.

I've never owned a nissan but known some people who have and they seem to run pretty good.