DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is a 1.75" Rear Coil Spacer too much??? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=127006)

FSTASFCK 11-28-2012 05:09 PM

Is a 1.75" Rear Coil Spacer too much???

I am putting the Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners @ 2.8", 1.25" Body Lift, and ordered a 1.75" rear coil spacer...The more I think about it is that going to be too much? I am wanting more of a leveled look but want the rear higher for load purposes although for the majority of the time there won't be a load...What do ya'll think???

Bully's Performance 11-28-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSTASFCK (Post 948444)
I am putting the Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners @ 2.8", 1.25" Body Lift, and ordered a 1.75" rear coil spacer...The more I think about it is that going to be too much? I am wanting more of a leveled look but want the rear higher for load purposes although for the majority of the time there won't be a load...What do ya'll think???

if you go 2.1 you will be pretty close to level, depending on your factory rake of 2.5-3.5", if you go 2.8 you might be a little nose high in which case i would suggest a 3/4" spacer, if you are on the lower side that is, if you are on the higher side i would not recommend a rear spacer as you will not look level at all and possibly even worse than stock, i am not familiar with a 1.75 rear coil spacer, but i do know they manufacture 3/4", 1", and 1.5" in my build log i have a lift with 2.75" procomp shocks in the front and a 1.5" spacer if you check it out that would give you an idea of what you would likely look like at 2.1 with a 3" factory rake as i have almost exactly a 1" rake on my truck, however dont look at how tall the truck is just at the rake as you can not achieve my height with just adjustable shocks, and make sure when you order your shock you get the proper ones for the rear as they are not the same as the front :)

We have a shock upgrade kit onsale right now for all 4 corners of your truck check it out, best prices available :)
http://discountautoperformance.com/s...roducts_id=131

Hope this info helps, let us know what you end up going and show us some pics too we love to see everyones trucks and mods:)

thanks
Jeremiah Hinkle
Discount Auto Performance
855-432-3278

FSTASFCK 11-29-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 (Post 948556)
if you go 2.1 you will be pretty close to level, depending on your factory rake of 2.5-3.5", if you go 2.8 you might be a little nose high in which case i would suggest a 3/4" spacer, if you are on the lower side that is, if you are on the higher side i would not recommend a rear spacer as you will not look level at all and possibly even worse than stock, i am not familiar with a 1.75 rear coil spacer, but i do know they manufacture 3/4", 1", and 1.5" in my build log i have a lift with 2.75" procomp shocks in the front and a 1.5" spacer if you check it out that would give you an idea of what you would likely look like at 2.1 with a 3" factory rake as i have almost exactly a 1" rake on my truck, however dont look at how tall the truck is just at the rake as you can not achieve my height with just adjustable shocks, and make sure when you order your shock you get the proper ones for the rear as they are not the same as the front :)

We have a shock upgrade kit onsale right now for all 4 corners of your truck check it out, best prices available :)
http://discountautoperformance.com/s...roducts_id=131

Hope this info helps, let us know what you end up going and show us some pics too we love to see everyones trucks and mods:)

thanks
Jeremiah Hinkle
855-432-3278

Thanks, but I ordered all 4 last week from Allshocks.com for $355 shipped to my door. Thinking I might order a 3/4" or 1" spacer and return the 1.75"...:4-dontknow: I guess we will see how it looks...

Bully's Performance 11-29-2012 11:07 AM

With the 1.75 you will likely still have a "factory" looking rake.

fastNugly @ BP 11-29-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSTASFCK (Post 948444)

There is a problem I see here.....
You will not be able to use that rear coil spacer on the rear 5100's as it will extend the travel of the shock and it will not react or feel the same.
The max you can put in with the 5100 rear is 1" rear coil spacer.

This is not a problem. A) return it and continue to use your stock shock B) exchange it for a 5125 that has a longer travel to support the addition 3/4". I would get one that allows for 2" addition.

Bilsteins at 2.8 on a stock truck will level your truck out. You may find it too level and may appear at times as nose high.
Average rake on our rams is 2.75".
With the 1.75" rear coil spacer you will have 1.5-1.75" rake yet again. 1" less than stock, but still a rake.
Not bad, if you like that.....

But if you want to eliminate the rake but have some and use the 5100 in the rear, get a 1". you will more than likely have 3/4" rake which to me is perfect and it will allow you to haul some weight in the rear without it looking like a cali lean.....LOL

My take and IMO - return/exchange that rear coil spacer for 1" or 1.25" if you want 1" of rake, but 1" is perfect and run everything you have.

Want to see a member with this exact setup?
Look up Bocephus. He has maxed Bilsteins, 1.25" body lift and 1" rear coil spacer with the 5100 in the rear as well.
I also think Newfiebullet also has something similar, so look him up as well

Great looking lift if you ask me :smileup:

candy08 11-29-2012 10:15 PM

You'll just have quite a bit of rake. If you run a rear spacer I'd do a 1". BTW those rear bilstien shocks will be fine with the 1.75"spacer. They allow up to an inch of rear lift bc their an inch longer than the stockers....

fastNugly @ BP 11-29-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy08 (Post 949466)
You'll just have quite a bit of rake. If you run a rear spacer I'd do a 1". BTW those rear bilstien shocks will be fine with the 1.75"spacer. They allow up to an inch of rear lift bc their an inch longer than the stockers....

Candy, good info on the rear 5100's

Bully's Performance 11-29-2012 11:03 PM

i agree with Andrew, and candy you are correct on the 5100's. I personally would do a 5125 with 12" or 14" of travel OP if you are considering this all can be found in our store at discountautoperformance.com/store

Any other questions let us know :)!

Thanks
Jeremiah
855-432-3278

candy08 11-29-2012 11:26 PM

Those 5100s are 10" travel at 16 collapsed to 26 extended.....thats only 2-2.5" shorter than the 6" lift rcx shocks :Wow1:

If he went to 12"-14", I'd suggest limiting straps or coil retainers. Losing a coil on a trail would be a pita......but too much flex is way better then not enough flex :smileup:

Bully's Performance 11-29-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy08 (Post 949564)
Those 5100s are 10" travel at 16 collapsed to 26 extended.....thats only 2-2.5" shorter than the 6" lift rcx shocks :Wow1:

If he went to 12"-14", I'd suggest limiting straps or coil retainers. Losing a coil on a trail would be a pita......but too much flex is way better then not enough flex :smileup:

This is true, it would be a pita but like you say more is better than not enough:)