DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fab tech 6" or zone 6" (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=127615)

polvoson 12-06-2012 11:55 AM

Fab tech 6" or zone 6"

Hi Guys
I'm lifting the truck this weekend
I think I'm going to go with the fab tech basic kit. A friend is suggesting the zone 6". Any opinions? Price is comparable.

Bully's Performance 12-06-2012 10:25 PM

fabtech makes a great kit your looking at around 1800-1900 dollars delivered, zone 6" your looking at somewhere between 1500-1600 delivered depending on where you buy from, i am not too familiar with the zone 6" and am not currenty aware of any member that are running it, hopefully someone chimes in that can give you better info.

Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

TVL 12-06-2012 10:30 PM

Just today got the RCX 6" lift. I'm friggin' like a 5 year old at Chrismas! I do like the quality reputation of the Rough Country.....imho

polvoson 12-08-2012 12:48 AM

Well Fab tech it is. I also got the Pro Comp Pro runners SS for the front. My truck has 100,000km on it so I figured might as well. In addition to that Air Lift air bags for the rear to help with the camper.

I am keeping the stock 20s for now. So a 1.5' spacer is required according to fabtech.
Wish me luck. Doing it on Saturday. Tires next week. I think 35's for now. We'll see how they wear before I commit to the 37s.

candy08 12-08-2012 11:00 AM

Good call on the fabtech!! Gonna look beast!!

fastNugly @ BP 12-08-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy08 (Post 956027)
Good call on the fabtech!! Gonna look beast!!

I too like Fabtech!
If you're gonna consider zone, reconsider the RCX over it.

But if $$ aren't an issue, Fabtech is a great kit

fastNugly @ BP 12-08-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polvoson (Post 955923)
Well Fab tech it is. I also got the Pro Comp Pro runners SS for the front. My truck has 100,000km on it so I figured might as well. In addition to that Air Lift air bags for the rear to help with the camper.

I am keeping the stock 20s for now. So a 1.5' spacer is required according to fabtech.
Wish me luck. Doing it on Saturday. Tires next week. I think 35's for now. We'll see how they wear before I commit to the 37s.

Doing this today, right?

polvoson 12-08-2012 11:38 PM

Well, its going well.
I'm in for about 8 hours and three from a buddy. Its a lot of work. Not complicated if you have a hoist and tools and air. Its going well. We have the front ripped out and diff back in, both cross members back in and the drivers knuckle in and tightened. Tomorrow we will get the drivers side finished, do the passenger side and rear.

The kit is extremely well built. Welds are perfect, the finish is excellent and everything fits together perfectly. I don't know how well the other kits are built but this one rocks.

I love the chunky pieces, this stuff is HUGE!

How can i upload pics?

fastNugly @ BP 12-08-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polvoson (Post 956395)
Well, its going well.
I'm in for about 8 hours and three from a buddy. Its a lot of work. Not complicated if you have a hoist and tools and air. Its going well. We have the front ripped out and diff back in, both cross members back in and the drivers knuckle in and tightened. Tomorrow we will get the drivers side finished, do the passenger side and rear.

The kit is extremely well built. Welds are perfect, the finish is excellent and everything fits together perfectly. I don't know how well the other kits are built but this one rocks.

I love the chunky pieces, this stuff is HUGE!

How can i upload pics?

Wanna see pics!!!

Create a free photobucket account. Upload your pics there.
Copy the IMG code and paste that in a reply
You can paste up to 17pics in 1 reply :smileup:

polvoson 12-09-2012 12:08 AM

pics... i hope

http://s243.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=0