DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Power Wagon (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   high demand and higly desierably (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=127642)

Gonefishn1212 12-06-2012 07:05 PM

high demand and higly desierably

what makes the 2012 power wagon a high demand and highly desireable truck? dont get me wrong i love mine but i just dont see why? granted im new to the power wagon.
the only thing i dont like about the truck is the MPG, and i really only got it cause i live 3 miles from work. and cause of its looks and ground clearance.
why does "motorweek" state its high demand.. will they ever give it a diesel?

stubie82 12-06-2012 07:41 PM

Welcome to the Power Wagon. So far, I love it. I loved my 1500 Ram, but this doesn't compare.
I think it is so high in demand b/c it isn't produced as much as regular trucks. Plus, with all of the goodies on it, you can't get close to trying to get that stuff aftermarket without dropping a ton of money, on top of the cost of the truck.
Before anyone else says it, you don't buy a power wagon for gas milage, haha.
It is a super capable truck while still have a 2500 frame. You can go take off road but pull what you need to when you need to. It is a go anywhere do anything truck.

Diesel in the Power Wagon, probably not. The intercooler gets in the way of where the winch mounts. Plus the weight of the Cummins compared to the Hemi.
Anything else, just ask.

Sledlvr 12-07-2012 08:18 PM

You beat me to it Stubie !!!! :LOL: I bought my PW for the mpg , I wanted to burn as much of my share of what's left of the fuel on this planet, before it runs out !!!:gy:

06PowerWagon 12-08-2012 05:31 PM

I would not own anything but a Power Wagon My 2006 only has 57k and its a beast ... I have young kids calling it a **Hot-wheels truck*** or a Transformer... LoL
But everyone that has a Dodge is awesomely beasty :P

stubie82 12-11-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledlvr (Post 955679)
You beat me to it Stubie !!!! :LOL: I bought my PW for the mpg , I wanted to burn as much of my share of what's left of the fuel on this planet, before it runs out !!!:gy:

Haha, love it. Usually I am the one who gets to reading stuff too late. I too want to use as much fuel as possible, have some fun with it, haha.

Sledlvr 12-11-2012 08:07 PM

As far as I'm concerned , there is no other truck , at least not one I can use the way I use my PW , the rest are just imitations or cars with boxes on them :smiley_thumbs_up:

stubie82 12-12-2012 07:31 AM

Yea, I love it. I don't use it nearly to it's full capacity, but I do get out and use it. I have pulled a few things, been on a few trips with it. I wish there were better spots around near me to wheel. Anything that is good for trucks this size are about 3 hours away. Thats a lot of driving to and from. Oh well, great truck

ScatPak07 01-04-2013 01:41 AM

The main reason the Power Wagon is such a desirable truck is because of its offroad capabilities. The amount of stuff underneath the PW that other trucks dont have is what makes it such a cool truck. It is already lifted from the factory 2", sway bars and disconnects, front and rear lockers the winch etc... thats what makes this truck so cool. I know the guys that own the dealership I got mine from and they said a lot of guys buy this truck that are hunters guys that work up North in Canada (they go through a lot of snow and stuff), guys that need a really capable truck.

The reason the truck does not come with a diesel is because diesel is not as good as gas in the winter. This truck was meant to be out in the forest going through hell, and in the winter they dont want people to get stuck out there. So really the only reason is because in really cold weather you have a more dependable motor with gas. Thats what the guys at Ram told me, it makes sense to me haha

Chromedragon 01-10-2013 03:46 PM

I love my PW i have an 06 manual and if i read the numbers right its a pretty rare beast. Yes the Mileage is the only draw back. i have taken mine up some fun trails near Shasta and the more is use it for this the more i want to go see what else i can get into. I have actually even used the winch to rescue a stranded Honda that misjudged a berm on a mountain road. Welcome to the pw club or whinch mob as its known in other circles.

Spaced 01-16-2013 05:57 AM

The reason the truck does not come with a diesel is because diesel is not as good as gas in the winter. This truck was meant to be out in the forest going through hell, and in the winter they dont want people to get stuck out there. So really the only reason is because in really cold weather you have a more dependable motor with gas. Thats what the guys at Ram told me, it makes sense to me haha[/QUOTE]

With all due Respect, This is a bunch of Bull.
Try selling that to the Russians.
Look up some of the Diesel trucks used in Russia where it is really cold.
These vehicles weigh several times what a Power Wagon does and will easily drive through mud, snow and water that would swamp a Power Wagon.
I realize that They are not as plush as a Power Wagon but to say that a diesel won't work well in the winter or that it is too heavy is not true.

I keep hearing all of the reasons that the Cummins isn't available in the Power Wagon and it is all a Bunch of Bull.
It's too heavy, it will get stuck in the mud. Baloney.

The intercooler takes up the space where the winch is mounted. Well then, relocate the winch. There are a lot of Cummins Powered Dodges out there with winches on them. It shouldn't be too hard for a company that has the ability to design and build the Power Wagon.

I think the Power Wagon is an awesome vehicle but there is no reason that those same options shouldn't be available on a Cummins Powered Truck. Especially the Front and Rear Lockers. If the Cummins has too much torque for the Locking Diffs in the Power Wagon, then make lockers for the heavier Diffs. Come-on Dodge, We've been waiting a long time.
Get-R-Done.