DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   roof marker lights (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=127720)

jlee003 12-07-2012 06:36 PM

roof marker lights

i would like to put cab lights on my ram 2007 6.7ltr 3500 SRW. I was curious if anyone has done this, and if there are any recommendations. i want to know if there is a factory harness already in place, or if i will need to buy it as well. i was going to take it somewhere here in Austin and have them put them on professionally.

Wizza 12-07-2012 08:19 PM

Its easier if you have the harness as I used stock ones on my 06 MC. I had to make a larger hole in the center for the stock plug as opposed to the Recon ones who only need small holes drilled in addition to the screw mounting holes. I bought a hole saw from Home Depot at 1/2 inch fo rthe job if I remember correctly.

Template will certainly help but take your time, look for measurements online and check lots of angles and views before drilling.

Uses plenty of clear RTV to seal up all holes and dab touchup paint on before doing the RTV.

Am certain you will like the look better afterwards. I did.

jlee003 12-07-2012 08:22 PM

i really dont understand why the dont come stock on a 1 ton. i know its not a dually but still. thanks for the advice. i really want the amber ones, and was hoping that since it was a 1 ton it would have a factory harness.

skinnysfd 12-07-2012 11:21 PM

all dodges 2500 and up have the factory harness already in the headliner from what i was told by the dealer. On my last two i installed em and it was fairly easy but nerve racking at the same time. Something about drilling into the top of my truck scares me everytime. But like stated above use the 1/2" holesaw works much better and gives ya a little working room. Also i would recommend the gorecon lights as well. I tried the eurolights on one truck and wasnt very pleased with em and gorecon they are only $98 with shipping

bulkness 12-08-2012 02:50 AM

Has anyone installed the roof lights where there is also the factory sun roof as I would like to install them on mine with the sun roof.

jlee003 12-29-2012 11:18 AM

do you have any pictures of your install by chance? thanks again for the advice guys. i really appreciate it.

skinnysfd 12-29-2012 11:27 AM

I don't but I'm getting ready to install them on my 2012 here in a week or so and I'll try and get some pics for ya

jlee003 12-29-2012 11:38 AM

thanks. that would be awesome

jlee003 02-26-2013 02:56 PM

i ended up going with pacer lights (LED) and had them installed by a place called pick up heaven here in Austin. great shop and they look/work awesome. I will post a pic soon

skinnysfd 02-26-2013 08:16 PM

sweet post some pics! im sorry i still have not got around to getting mine done yet.