DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   I want a softer ride (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=127903)

Butter 12-10-2012 12:45 AM

I want a softer ride

My truck being a RCSWB doesn't have the best ride and I would like to change that. The things I carry and tow are not an issue so I would like to soften up the rear end. I'm not a suspension guy so I'm wondering what would need to be changed...Softer shocks are will softer springs be necessary also? Any advise/suggestions will be appreciated.

Ghostknife 12-10-2012 01:28 AM

theres a place that i got incontact with before and they could do it. I got with them for springs with 2" of lift and 15% softer ride. I dont remember how much it was but it might give you a starting point.

Here

rdsabin 12-10-2012 08:20 AM

What size tires are you running? If you are running 20's switch out to 17 or 18's that will give a better ride. Also you could look into changing the springs or since winter is coming put some extra weight in the box to engage the springs a bit.
Just my opinion.

Butter 12-10-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostknife (Post 957077)
theres a place that i got incontact with before and they could do it. I got with them for springs with 2" of lift and 15% softer ride. I dont remember how much it was but it might give you a starting point.

Here

Thanks man, I just requested a quote from them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsabin (Post 957156)
What size tires are you running? If you are running 20's switch out to 17 or 18's that will give a better ride. Also you could look into changing the springs or since winter is coming put some extra weight in the box to engage the springs a bit.
Just my opinion.

Thanks for the reply! My truck has 17's on it but the rear end is too stiff. It does ride great with my Foreman in the bed but we don't have winter here so something that won't burn the extra fuel might be better for me.

EXPRESS25C 12-10-2012 07:31 PM

After installation of a 2" level kit, my RCSB seems to ride more smoothly, maybe from the shocks being slightly extended now, dunno??

Butter 12-12-2012 09:57 AM

I have a 2.5 up front and 1.5 on the rear, I didn't notice any change in the ride. The link Ghostknife provided is a pretty cool deal, I can get a pair of custom spring for the rear for the price of a good pair of shocks! You can add lift and adjust spring rate, I juust need to make sure on the spring rate before I order.

Ghostknife 12-14-2012 10:23 AM

Sweet, Glad i could be of some help! If you order some from them let me know how it goes