DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Some people know about the area that i live in is dangerous (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=127905)

GTyankee 12-10-2012 02:57 AM

Some people know about the area that i live in is dangerous

I took a short nap today
i was woke up by loud noises at about 6 PM
i tossed some clothes on, & went into my garage
my apartments 2nd door goes directly into my garage
i turned on my garage lights & hit the switch to open the garage door
SURPRISE SURPRISE, there were 2 officers with flash lights standing there between my garage door & my Ram.
It sort of surprised me, police are always trying to catch anyone in the next apartments doing something wrong or catching anyone on their list of WANTED persons. So i just said Howdy.
I was asked a couple questions about hearing a noise, i told them that i heard a noise but that i thought it was a nail gun & didn't rush outside.

It turned out that someone had stood not 20 feet from my Ram & fired 3 or 4 shots at a building across the street about 250 feet away.
The bullets hit a building across the road & entered a apartment building over there. A Philippino family over there had two bullet holes in their apartment. A young girl was standing right below where the bullets entered the apartment.
A guy that i believe is a drug dealer lives next door to them & i believe they were shooting at him as he entered that apartment buildings court yard .

I will find out more tomorrow, of course no one saw anything, even though several people were outside when it happened, most of them have something to do with illegal drugs.
The police are trying to get the apartment next door completely vacated, they must have calls to that building at least twice a week

Copperhead Ram 12-10-2012 03:36 AM

Unfortunately this type of activity happens everywhere these days... I see it at work on a regular basis.

BlueJet 12-10-2012 10:48 AM

I think it is time for you to find a different neighborhood. Such a shame El Cajon is becoming a hood. Maybe moving away wasn't so stupid after all.....

Hardware 12-10-2012 07:25 PM

Too bad it's an apartment scenario...if they were in a detached house it'd be tragic if they had a fire...:sad::rolleyes:

ridgerunnerseoinc 12-11-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardware (Post 957514)
Too bad it's an apartment scenario...if they were in a detached house it'd be tragic if they had a fire...:sad::rolleyes:

Ah ha ha, I like your line of thinkin'.:smileup:

CajunDodge 12-12-2012 10:52 AM

Yeah, definitely sounds like time to find a different place. Used to hear gunshots every once in a while around here but seems the hood relocated itself after the degenerates were chased out.

- Cajun

99 V10 12-12-2012 06:50 PM

Where does a person move to get away from Scum? It is all over, some worse than others.

GTyankee 12-12-2012 07:54 PM

Well, after the shooting that night, the police had another call & returned to the apartment complex next door & because of a fight, but of course they didn't get here in time to see anything & no one knew anything about it.

Monday the police returned, mostly driving by slowly, but sometimes stopping in the middle of the street, so all the punks could see them & scatter. The police then checked every vehicle for any infraction, like vehicle parked to far away from the curb, expired tags, etc. I think that they have just about had it with the punks & a landlord that doesn't care enough to even do background checks when he rents out the apartments,

Tuesday, ( last night ), the police came back a few times, the first time for another argument, people blocking the street & hollering at each other & at the vehicles trying to go down the street, it broke up & the punks scattered again.
The second time a police car was driving by & 2 guys were throwing punches in the street, the police did not stop, just slowly kept driving. The 2 people broke up for about 5 minutes & went back to fighting with all their friends yelling for them to do this & that. the police showed up again & again missed the whole thing. They left & an Ice Cream truck showed up & i thought everything was going to be settling down for the evening, a police SUV was watching everyone get their ice cream, a second police vehicle showed up. The next thing happened so quickly i almost missed it, 3 of the police got out of their vehicles & talked to the vendor, then talked to a couple people. The vendor left, the police left, everyone went into the complex, then a bigger fight began, the police had been waiting in hiding, 2 arrests were made, the rest of the punks scattered. One stupid punk started yelling at the police & everyone else, saying he would be back & ready the next time. That was a verbal threat & he was knocked to the ground & arrested so fast, i didn't have time to blink. He had been in every fight & someone told me that he had been the shooter from the other night.
I can't wait until tonight to see what is going to happen next, the police are as angry as stirred up hornets, i expect the SWAT team to be on standby & the landlord next door to receive a notice to take action or SELL

I think i'll sell popcorn out in my garage if this keeps happening, Jerry Springer Show has nothing like this going on !!
:LOL:

Bikenut 12-12-2012 08:19 PM

Damn! Can we have a meet and greet at your place! we can tailgate party and watch the show :) but I don't want any Bonnie & Clyde marks in my pretty RAM.... :P

PaulMys 12-12-2012 09:13 PM

I agree that the drugs are everywhere. On certain nights, even in my small town on the end of Long Island, I am awakened occasionally on the odd Saturday night by idiots yelling and fighting in the street. It is obvious that they are high, as the next day I have to pick up the empty "dime bags" and Philly blunt wrappers from the curb and my yard. The police act as if "oh well, what are we supposed to do?"