DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Flowmaster...really worth it to switch to magnaflow? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=128186)

jgregg6 12-13-2012 04:26 PM

Flowmaster...really worth it to switch to magnaflow?

So my truck had a flowmaster exhaust on it when I bought it and since then I have added a S&B CAI and a DiabloSport Intune programmer. I''m also looking into possibly a aftermarket 2600 stall and a Moes 85mm throttlebody. Is it really worth the extra money to switch to a magnaflow exhaust system from my flowmaster. I've heard others talk about getting the full potential out of the mods but I was wondering if it was worth the money. Right now I'm really only looking into these mods for more hp and some more mpg gains.

Also, right now my exhaust runs out in front of the passenger back side tire and I like the way it looks and if I did switch I would like something similar. Does the curve in the exhaust effect the speed of the air escaping the exhaust? Probably a dumb question?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

jgregg6 12-14-2012 06:09 AM

Disregard, I got my answer from a few other posts!

starquestbd22 12-14-2012 08:30 AM

I would say if your truck was otherwise stock that it wouldn't be worth it but modded as you are I think it probably would. No, you aren't going to see any huge gains but every little bit helps. Plus, it doesn't have to be expensive. $100 muffler + $50 fab/weld is all you need.

That about what you found?

jgregg6 12-14-2012 09:15 AM

Ohh really, so I just would need to purchase the magnaflow exhaust tip and have it welded on?

jgregg6 12-14-2012 09:16 AM

Yeah pretty much, not exactly sure how to go about it. I'm gonna have to have my exhaust looked at anyways because somethings loose on it and I was just gonna ask my mechanic.

starquestbd22 12-14-2012 03:39 PM

Yeah, you can just buy the muffler for around $100 and a stainless tip if you need one, probably another $30-40. Then have your exhaust guy fab the exit however you want it. He shouldn't charge more than $25-30 if you are doing a single side exit.

Not sure about your guy but most actual mechanics don't mess with exhausts around here. They say "take it to the exhaust shop".

jgregg6 12-15-2012 12:20 PM

Thanks for this info. Well he's my exhaust guy my dad's been taking our vehicles to him for years.

Chris b 12-15-2012 05:47 PM

:smiley_thumbs_up:I love my flowmaster but im old school.

GhostR1der 12-16-2012 09:28 AM

I ran into a guy last night that just swapped his super 10 for a Magnaflow and he said he noticed an improvement. His truck was completely stock by the way.

jgregg6 12-29-2012 09:56 AM

Right on thanks for the reply. I'm gonna try and get my truck into my muffler guy sometime soon!