DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Head lights blinks when WOT ???? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=128598)

adventurer 12-19-2012 03:24 PM

Head lights blinks when WOT ????

Head lights blinks once as if giving high beam when WOT under the speed of 40 miles on my 2010 hemi , any help please ?

RamTech 12-19-2012 03:40 PM

I presume the lights are set to low beam when this happens. It's remotely possible something is binding up and causing a short to power on the high beam circuit.

adventurer 12-19-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 963502)
I presume the lights are set to low beam when this happens. It's remotely possible something is binding up and causing a short to power on the high beam circuit.

So its not from the alternator as some workshops said, yes it happens when lights set to low beam and under the speed of 40 miles only , above that speed nothing happens !

RamTech 12-19-2012 04:28 PM

If they can explain how the alternator can energize one headlight circuit and not the other, I might give that some consideration. I would want to connect a volt meter to the headlight circuit and see if voltage is present on that circuit when it happens. Now that I think about it, I wonder if a loose low beam filament could be contacting the high beam filament under acceleration and causing this. Try a different bulb or switch the bulbs from side to side and see what happens.

adventurer 12-19-2012 04:53 PM

thanks ram tech

RamTech 12-19-2012 06:41 PM

Ok, after looking the wiring diagram over, I'm thinking this about has to be a TIPM problem. The odds of both high beam circuits energizing from a short to power seem pretty slim.

adventurer 12-20-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 963587)
Ok, after looking the wiring diagram over, I'm thinking this about has to be a TIPM problem. The odds of both high beam circuits energizing from a short to power seem pretty slim.

I noticed today that the dashboard lights are doing the same , checked the battery it was not good so i replaced it with bosh battery 740 cc and 80 ah (with the new battery it gave me different readings than it use to give like fuel consumption and the DTE) , checked the alternator it is good but still having same issue !

RamTech 12-20-2012 09:32 AM

Well, the dash lights obviously don't have high beams, so at this point, it seems like either power is dropping off or you're losing a ground.

adventurer 12-20-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 963985)
Well, the dash lights obviously don't have high beams, so at this point, it seems like either power is dropping off or you're losing a ground.

I found someone else on other forum his truck doing the same when traction control kicks in , i didn't pay attention for this on my truck but i think it does that when TC kicks in ( i ll pay attention for this at night ) , So if this is the case is it normal or something wrong ?