DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Heating & Cooling (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   High pitch noise coming from the blower motor (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=128658)

Gaspar28 12-20-2012 08:55 AM

High pitch noise coming from the blower motor

Hello all,

I have an high pitch noise coming from my Heater Blower motor, it does this same noise at any fan speed I would guess it is coming from the motor itself but I can I be sure, this sound is really hard to pin point.

Any ideas ?

Thanks all:sad:

CajunDodge 02-19-2013 09:53 AM

Just a bump to see if someone can help answer your question. :)

- Cajun

Tills 03-15-2013 05:27 PM

My 2012 does this too! I took it in once and they replaced the fan and it still makes the noise. Now the dealership is telling me that ALL 2012 do that. I wasn't satisfied with thy anwser so I called the 1 800#.... They told me that they have to go on what the dealership says.

Call and log a complaint with the 1800#, of they get enough complaining maybe they will do something about it!

GTyankee 03-15-2013 05:41 PM

Hehehe

'ALL 2012 do that' is their answer to a problem that they use every year, no matter what the issue is

What they are really saying is,
We don't know
We are tired of messing with this
We are not going to investigate further

Picture this, the Engineers at Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, & Ram with a unlimited amount of knowledge & money, working around the prototype vehicle & hearing that noise, just putting on ear plugs & agree the it can't be fixed & they are not going to redesign it. Then they make thousands of vehicles with the same issue, knowing that the customers will be complaining.
I think NOT !!!!

Stump3r 03-15-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 1040010)
Hehehe

'ALL 2012 do that' is their answer to a problem that they use every year, no matter what the issue is

What they are really saying is,
We don't know
We are tired of messing with this
We are not going to investigate further

Picture this, the Engineers at Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, & Ram with a unlimited amount of knowledge & money, working around the prototype vehicle & hearing that noise, just putting on ear plugs & agree the it can't be fixed & they are not going to redesign it. Then they make thousands of vehicles with the same issue, knowing that the customers will be complaining.
I think NOT !!!!

All made with parts from 3rd party manufacturing aka "the lowest bidder" and we wonder why there are quality issues today!
My 11 did the same damn thing....when it got noisy I'd pull the blower motor and blow it out with shop air, would clear it up for a few months anyway.

JmacD 05-18-2013 12:18 PM

My 2013 Laramie seems to also make this sound but it doesn't seem like its coming from the blower motor. I notice it when the engine goes I to ECO mode, any ideas?

Socalgordon 08-19-2013 02:06 PM

I have the same issue. It sounds like the blower motor steel ball bearings need lubricating or something. My 2010 Charger did the same noise. In my truck, not even a year old and at 34,500 miles, I took the blower motor out, thinking one of the motor blades has accumulated some flan blade dirt and the unbalancedness was the blame. Nope. The blower motor was clean.

In my charger, I took some sound deadening material and covered the bottom of the blower motor (leaving some free room at the bottom were the blower fan shaft kind of poked out), no more noise.

I took my truck in to have them take a look at it, but since I did the in cabin air filter mod, they wouldn't touch it.

RogerRamJet 08-19-2013 03:19 PM

Squirrel just needs feeding. Sounds like the bearing assembly is piss poor. Which would explain why all 2012's squeak like a squirrel. I reckon you could oil the bearings, or better yet, go to Fastenal or Grainger and see if they have a bearing assembly of the same size and replace it.