DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram R/T (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   diablo tune!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=128790)

Chris b 12-21-2012 08:10 PM

diablo tune!!!

just loaded the 93 to my truck and WOW!!!:SHOCKED:
MY truck was not slow to begin with but with TC out of the way she is really pulling hard,even braking lose it second gear. loving this:smileup:

Precious 1 12-21-2012 11:44 PM

I have had the BD tuner in for a week,i am really impressed.so much more power.its like night and day.have had absolutely no problems so far. i just received my trinity yesterday ,I'm going to compare the two next week.i am waiting until all the install issues are taken care of with the trinity.bye bye MDS,thats worth the price of a tuner alone.if any one has a R/T and is on the fence about a tuner,buy one,you wont believe how much more power you will see.better put some money away for rear tires,you are going to need it.

huddyhud 12-22-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precious 1 (Post 965285)
I have had the BD tuner in for a week,i am really impressed.so much more power.its like night and day.have had absolutely no problems so far. i just received my trinity yesterday ,I'm going to compare the two next week.i am waiting until all the install issues are taken care of with the trinity.bye bye MDS,thats worth the price of a tuner alone.if any one has a R/T and is on the fence about a tuner,buy one,you wont believe how much more power you will see.better put some money away for rear tires,you are going to need it.

I'm interested in your thoughts and if you want to sell one if they are pretty much the same. I have a truck in Lakeland and Orlando every Monday and Tuesday.

Chris b 12-24-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the two and i'm sure im not the only one.

Chris b 12-27-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

have you had a chance to compare the two yet?:box2:
(bullydog v diablo):box:

Precious 1 12-27-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris b (Post 968693)
have you had a chance to compare the two yet?:box2:
(bullydog v diablo):box:

sure did.installed the diablo 2 days ago,93 tune,with no adjustments to the canned tune.not impressed.better than stock,but not as peppy as the BD.going to reinstall the BD in a few minutes and run it again.if it really does feel better i'll leave it installed untill the next diablo update,or pay for a custom tune.

Precious 1 12-27-2012 04:32 PM

ok,i can say absolutely without a shadow of a doubt,performance canned tune verses performance canned tune the Bullydog tuner is much much better.smoother throttle,less lag,smoother shifts,the truck just runs much stronger.bummer,i was really hoping the trinity would be better.i couldn't imagine my truck running any better than with the BD,but i was keeping my fingers crossed.maybe the trinity just needs a update or two.for whatever reason,for now,Bullydog is the tuner in my truck.i really like the trinity better as far as user settings,you can do a lot more with it,that is,if you know what you are doing.i don't,so I'll stick with BD until trinity works better without having to do any tweaks to its performance canned tune.this is my first experience with tuners,never even seen one before,so its just a newbies opinion on what works best for me and my truck.I'll be keeping the trinity and will reinstall it after they do a update,or maybe getting a custom tune for it.

DiverDanRamMan 12-27-2012 05:06 PM

Thanks for the update. I was just getting ready to order the Trinity for my 2012 R/T, Now that I have read your comparison, I think I will look at the B.D. again. The only tuners I have had experiance with is this the Superchip on Ford Diesels and my Lincon Navigator. Superchip is great on them, but it's not available for our trucks.

Precious 1 12-27-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiverDanRamMan (Post 968867)
Thanks for the update. I was just getting ready to order the Trinity for my 2012 R/T, Now that I have read your comparison, I think I will look at the B.D. again. The only tuners I have had experiance with is this the Superchip on Ford Diesels and my Lincon Navigator. Superchip is great on them, but it's not available for our trucks.

if you know enough about the tuners to adjust the different settings,trinity may work for you,but right out of the box,with no tweaking or messing about,BD is better.only issue with BD is there are very few settings you can tweak.trinity has a traction control option,BD does not,they both have a disable MDS option.

AJ@AutoAnything.com 12-27-2012 05:43 PM

What a great comparison! Anyone looking for either tuners let me know!
AJ