DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Got exhaust on yesterday! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=128833)

JoshikusIII 12-22-2012 03:50 PM

Got exhaust on yesterday!

Went down and had muffler replaced yesterday. Nothing like starting it up for the first time and being overcome with a large grin. It's a straight through muffler. The shop owner who I've been going to for years says it's like a magnaflow but better, a Street-something. I also noticed some improvement on acceleration. It drones a little at highway but that doesn't bother me I just turn the stereo up a few notches.

I have a bully dog tuner and Moe's 87mm throttle body ordered, so it should be fun to see(and feel hehe) how it all comes together.

LeftCoast 12-22-2012 08:37 PM

Very cool. Post up a vid of that bad boy!

05ram 12-24-2012 02:51 AM

Sounds like a good list, CAI also will help if you do not have one yet...

JoshikusIII 12-24-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05ram (Post 966826)
Sounds like a good list, CAI also will help if you do not have one yet...

I've thought a lot about that. I feel like the stock air box is a sufficient set up for now with the mods I've done to it and the drop-in there. I just don't realistically see an aftermarket kit adding a whole lot more input, of course I may be wrong. If anything I feel some of the kits cut off airflow since the little hole through the fender is so restrictive and the heat shields on some kits block any other free air access. I will most likely breakdown and buy a nice kit. The Vararam had intrigued my interest. I'm also considering running hose down to below the bumper for a ram air effect like I've seen a few people do on here and I already cut the 3-inch hole below the airbox. But currently... I'm undecided.

If I have extra cash after my tax season I'll make a decision then.

JoshikusIII 12-24-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoast (Post 965927)
Very cool. Post up a vid of that bad boy!

As soon as it stops raining, lol.

TheSatinPumpkin 12-24-2012 09:09 AM

Narley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bootstrap23 12-28-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshikusIII (Post 966838)
I've thought a lot about that. I feel like the stock air box is a sufficient set up for now with the mods I've done to it and the drop-in there. I just don't realistically see an aftermarket kit adding a whole lot more input, of course I may be wrong. If anything I feel some of the kits cut off airflow since the little hole through the fender is so restrictive and the heat shields on some kits block any other free air access. I will most likely breakdown and buy a nice kit. The Vararam had intrigued my interest. I'm also considering running hose down to below the bumper for a ram air effect like I've seen a few people do on here and I already cut the 3-inch hole below the airbox. But currently... I'm undecided.

If I have extra cash after my tax season I'll make a decision then.

check out the S&B CAI, grubrunner on here has a real nice right up on the system. Ill be purchasing one soon...just spent some cash on a magnaflow 14 and y pipe so gotta save some more for the CAI

moparornocar72 12-28-2012 11:02 PM

Congrats! What's next?!!?!?!?!