DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Todays Trip to the Dealership (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=129324)

GTyankee 12-29-2012 02:06 AM

Todays Trip to the Dealership

Today i went to the dealership, because i am lazy & i needed my oil changed
I take my own Mobile One, the proper WIX oil filter, Royal Purple transmission & differential fluid, just in case those fluid levels are low.

The Express lane service writer was pleasant & said that it would be 45 minutes to an hour wait time. It was 11:45 Am, (lunch time), so the wait time was ok.

Mean while i walked over to the sales lot, i was ready for the sales guys :)
i don't have much use for them, to put it mildly

I wanted to just look at the 2013s & see them in person
i looked at the doors for the proper emblems & looked for the vertical fog lights
both are dead give a ways for the 2013s
Then i started noticing the tires on the '13s, Michelins & other great brands, hardly a Goodyear on any of them & only about 3 of those that were Wranglers.

The first salesman showed up, returning from lunch, he so wanted to sell me a 2012 & i told him that i already had a 2009 & it was identical to the 2012 as far as i was concerned, i blew him off by saying that i was there to look, not to buy.

Then i started noticing the bed sizes, almost all of them had the short bed
Then i started looking at the tires, almost every one had the smaller tires, then i started looking at the radios, almost all of them had the Uconnect® 3.0/RA1 or RA2, the cheap pieces of crap.

The 2nd salesman came up & he asked what i was looking for & i told him that i was just researching the new 2013s & would not be interested in anything before the HEMI 8 speeds came out & that i would not be buying anything that had a rotary knob shifter, he told me to buy a 2012 or 2013 HEMI 2500 if my mind was set against it & walked away.

I then walked back to where the Fleet/Internet Dept was, they stick the new models back there until there is room on the main lot for them

I started looking for other things, like the grille shutters, i only found 2 Rams that had that option, i didn't see any that had the Stop/Start option, I didn't look for any with the Air Bag Suspension

The 3rd salesman walked up, he had seen my '09 Ram around town & liked it. We discussed the differences between the 2012 & 2013 models, the good things & so so things. We talked about his Ram, we talked about the Rotary shifter, he didn't really care for it either, but he sells what comes out of the factories. He then he asked if i would like the new 2013 Ram brochure, i said yes PLEASE, we went inside, he asked me to wait by a 2013 R/T & he would be back, that Ram was sweet, if i didn't need something bigger then a regular cab & was 10 years younger ......... :LOL:

Well i didn't learn anything about the radios, that i had not recently read & didn't look at the air suspension set ups, but all in all, it was an informative day

ShawnC13 12-29-2012 02:15 AM

Sounds like a great day browsing the lot!! I like it when you go to the dealership and know more about the changes then they do. I cruised through one after my staff chirstmas lunch and a few drinks so I wasn't driving and the one sales guy was feeding me some lines until he realized I knew something about them. He just quietly walked away. A second guy came out and asked if I had seen the 12 they had lifted. It was awesome not for the 72K price tag though I wish I had taken a picture of it because it was gone the next time I went by.

GTyankee 12-29-2012 02:27 AM

I was going to tell the 3rd salesman about this forumZ, because he asked how i seemed to know so much about the 2013s
I just never got to tell him because we were talking about the R/T so much

No one would believe how much time that i spend researching Rams, when i see a question that interests me, i type variations of questions on the same subject into Google & get many different variations of answers. Some are far off base & others make me enter other questions
I have too much spare time on my hands

ShawnC13 12-29-2012 02:29 AM

You are a great asset on this site. You do the research and get people answers!!! Yeah standing by the 2013 RT would clear my mind of whatever I was thinking about also!!

WhiskeyRodeo 12-29-2012 11:56 AM

Sounds like fun, I was pretty sure reading that story that once you ran into the third fella it was going to end with you having bought one, haha

Shield 12-29-2012 01:15 PM

Will power is a great thing, so I've heard. I thought you would be posting a pic of a new truck.

Cookie Monster 12-29-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 969974)
I was going to tell the 3rd salesman about this forumZ, because he asked how i seemed to know so much about the 2013s
I just never got to tell him because we were talking about the R/T so much

No one would believe how much time that i spend researching Rams, when i see a question that interests me, i type variations of questions on the same subject into Google & get many different variations of answers. Some are far off base & others make me enter other questions
I have too much spare time on my hands

Funny thats exactly how I am. Then again with 50K+ purchase why wouldn't you do research.

I too new more then my dealer. For the stuff I didn't know and asked he had to contact Chyrsler to get me an answer. He was actually surprised when talking about options and the 8 speed and I started giving him order codes he didn't even know about.

Outlaw 12-29-2012 11:56 PM

I've been told I should sell rams as much as I know about them. You know how us forum whores are. :D

seanbeckaroo 12-31-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnC13 (Post 969967)
Sounds like a great day browsing the lot!! I like it when you go to the dealership and know more about the changes then they do. I cruised through one after my staff chirstmas lunch and a few drinks so I wasn't driving and the one sales guy was feeding me some lines until he realized I knew something about them. He just quietly walked away. A second guy came out and asked if I had seen the 12 they had lifted. It was awesome not for the 72K price tag though I wish I had taken a picture of it because it was gone the next time I went by.

It's even worse when you know more than the service department does; that's when it's time to find a severice dept!! :wavey:

Cookie Monster 12-31-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanbeckaroo (Post 971505)
It's even worse when you know more than the service department does; that's when it's time to find a severice dept!! :wavey:

Ya thats not good. definitly time to go else where.