DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   K&N Cold Air Install help (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=129359)

Userj8670 12-29-2012 05:52 PM

K&N Cold Air Install help

So my lady bought me a K&N CAI for xmas and I was reading over the instructions and came upon a hump. Basically if my vehicle has a air injection valve i need to install the bracket one way. Then it appears to mount on the cyl. head with the ground strap. If my vehicle doesnt have an air injection vavle then i need to install a different bracket and mount it to the resonator mount on the intake manifold. In short I have no idea if i have an air injection valve on my hemi or not.:4-dontknow: Its a 2008. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Jim

Userj8670 12-30-2012 12:35 AM

No one has any idea?

chefred112 12-30-2012 12:55 AM

never heard of an air injection valve on a hemi..only thing that runs to it is the iat sensor and a breather from oil cap...

zipperhead 12-30-2012 04:22 PM

from what i noticed on mine i just installed 1 last week. its the egr system is what they are talking about. you need the longer bracket that bolts on the manifold. also your iat sensor is going to be a pita to put in cuz the stock wires a just a tad short, however it will stay in

Userj8670 12-31-2012 12:09 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to head over to the shop and work on it today for a bit so i will see how it goes.

Userj8670 12-31-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipperhead (Post 970948)
from what i noticed on mine i just installed 1 last week. its the egr system is what they are talking about. you need the longer bracket that bolts on the manifold. also your iat sensor is going to be a pita to put in cuz the stock wires a just a tad short, however it will stay in

I got everything in - pretty straight forward however putting the sensor into the rubber grommet was a nightmare in itself. What a TIGHT fit holy cow - but we got there. Thanks again for the tip about the installation on the manifold. I took her for a test run and at an idle you dont notice much - when you accelerate normally its a tad louder to the trained ear. BUT when i got to a stop light and laid that hammer down wow did it sound PISSED!!! I realize its a pickup and its light in the rear end but never have i smoked the tires like that before. Def increase in power but man i love that sound.

zipperhead 01-01-2013 10:56 AM

lol yeah the sound is just crazy at wot. i was highly impressed for a 220$ mod. If your not tuned yet talk to hemifever and that thing will really come to life

Userj8670 01-01-2013 12:12 PM

I am aware of what a diablo tuner can due and hemifevers custom tunes but i dont really have 600 to spend on a tuner at the moment or i would lol

Brap109 01-01-2013 04:55 PM

i have been looking into getting a air filter system on my 2009 ram 1500 5.7l slt but i have noticed that you can buy air filter kits off ebay for around 35-70$ with a k and n airfilter. Compared to 250$ for the k and n kit. does anyone no if there is a big difference. i dont have much money to spend thats why i am asking. thanks http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-RAM-15...644c3f&vxp=mtr

zipperhead 01-02-2013 07:54 PM

brap from what i have gotten is mainly the knowing the big name kits will fit with ease. i to was tempted by a cheap ebay one but i figured i love my truck so if i gota splurge i gota splurge. USERJ i got a predator with his tuning and its great i did not want a trinty (window stuff is ment for diesel in my opinion) find a used pred on here or ebay can't go wrong and it will be half of that 600$ easy