DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   2013 Ram. Impressed except for... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=129361)

MarineRecon 12-29-2012 05:05 PM

2013 Ram. Impressed except for...

Picking up the truck last week. Oh yes it was clean, it was warm and it was ready....but I couldn't believe it came with an 1/8 of a tank of gas. Dealership threw in $40 but I thought this was kind of chincy...

Especially on a truck that listed at just under $48k

eldorado99 12-29-2012 05:10 PM

yeah, sign of the times I guess. When I bought my '12 the dealer gave me a chit to fill up on the dealer's dime on the way home at least.

ValleyRacer 12-29-2012 05:12 PM

Tank of gas undesirable

If the dealership filled your tank, it would more likely than not be the CHEAPEST gas the dealership could find, or be something from their gas supply with no assurance of clean fuel filters, any info about additives, grade of gas or mix of alchol, grain alcohol, oxygenates or jobber info.

So get gas from the gas stations you trust and know what's in your tank.

J Roc 12-29-2012 08:13 PM

When I bought mine they gave me a slip for the gas station down the street and I rolled in and filled the 121 litre tank with premium for free.

ValleyRacer 12-29-2012 08:31 PM

Avoid ghetto gas stations

One of the poorest decisions people make, representing poor consumerism, is to drive into the cheapest priced gas station. I get gas at two gas stations where I routinely see the pumps taken apart and see the pump filters being changed.

People have a 20 gallon tank, and sit in line to save 2 cents a gallon. 10 minutes of idling to save 40 cents.

Take care of your fuel tank, fuel system, fuel injectors etc

PaulMys 12-29-2012 09:10 PM

Yeah, my dealer filled mine up at the local station on the day of delivery. The station sells 92 octane with no ethynol (or so they advertise). Point is, for a $50,000 truck, fill the damn thing up!! Just good business practice, IMO.

jacobson.s 12-30-2012 11:03 PM

I got a full 121L, and she was really empty because of my lengthy test drive before I signed the papers to my Custom Order. Fuel light on for most of the trip. A new vehicle should always get a full tank. I even give a full tank to anyone who has bought a used vehicle from me.

bighemi04 12-30-2012 11:09 PM

Mine gave me a $50 gas card to the closest gas station. I was happy.

MarineRecon 12-30-2012 11:32 PM

Interesting....I sent an email to Ram Customer Service or whomever is answering the letters from consumers.
The salesguy said the factory no longer gives a fuel tank...here is what Ram says...

Dear Nick:

Thank you for contacting the Ram Customer Assistance Center regarding
your 2013 RAM 1500 LARAMIE.

Congratulations on the purchase of your new vehicle!

We appreciate the time and effort you took to tell us of your
dissatisfaction with the fact that your new truck did not come with a
full tank of fuel. Comments like yours are one way to learn of problems
that develop and the improvements desired.

It is at the dealership's discretion to provide or not provide
additional fuel upon the purchase of a new vehicle. If you feel
strongly that you should have been accommodated with this request,
please have further discussion with your selling dealership.

We have documented your comments and will forward them for review.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Kim

Customer Service Representative
Ram Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 22934696
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 2778016
REPLY LINK: http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_f...214V78946L0KM&

[/B]

Hopefully the dealer will "get" the message..

Happy New Year..

Cookie Monster 12-30-2012 11:41 PM

Well vehicals leave the plant with 1/8 of a tank. this is enough fuel to move the vehical onto transport method and off to the dealers lot. Most ( I use this losely) Dealerships will then fill to half or full or supply some gas card upon pickup. though with the high price of gas some dealerships do very little or as you found out nothing to insure the vehical has a good suplement of fuel.