DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Advice for Keeping My Wheel Offset (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=129369)

JasonsRam 12-29-2012 07:04 PM

Advice for Keeping My Wheel Offset

I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly, but I'm looking for some options to keep my wheel offset as it is. Basically, I purchased new tires and wheels back in August (33" tires on 20" rims, with a 2.5" leveling kit) and my tires stick out about 2" from my fenders right now. I like it, it looks good at 2". But I just bought some Bushwacker pocket style fender flares and I'm concerned that they are going to make my stance look not as good, since they add about 2" to 2.5" of coverage. My question is, what is the best option(s) to keeping this stance that I have? I like that my tires stick out 2" past the fenders. The only thing that I have looked at is spacers, but I've hear that they can limit your towing capabilities, and they can mess with the feel of your ride. Any thoughts of what other options I have? I appreciate the feedback!

candy08 12-29-2012 07:13 PM

Not much you can do really except get rid of those goofy bushwackers!

What offset/bs you running now!?

fastNugly @ BP 12-29-2012 11:04 PM

I agree with candy, rid of those bushwackers.
If you like the stance why change it?

JasonsRam 12-30-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy08 (Post 970406)
Not much you can do really except get rid of those goofy bushwackers!

What offset/bs you running now!?

I know, you either like or hate those Bushwackers. I personally like them and think they will look good, but I haven't committed to installing them just yet. I have a 38mm offset, not sure on the backspacing but I believe it 6.74. Are wheel spacers my only option for what I'm looking to accomplish?

fastNugly @ BP 12-30-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonsRam (Post 970870)
I know, you either like or hate those Bushwackers. I personally like them and think they will look good, but I haven't committed to installing them just yet. I have a 38mm offset, not sure on the backspacing but I believe it 6.74. Are wheel spacers my only option for what I'm looking to accomplish?

38mm?

Stock wheels are +19 and that's close enough to the a arm. Those +38 won't even make it on to your truck with enough thread for those bolts to hold them.

I'm confused. You said you got wheels already that stock out 2". How is that a 38 offset? That's confusing. If you're sticking out 2" you have a negative offset. Probably a -12

So yes, your post are confusing

JasonsRam 12-31-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 970888)
38mm?

Stock wheels are +19 and that's close enough to the a arm. Those +38 won't even make it on to your truck with enough thread for those bolts to hold them.

I'm confused. You said you got wheels already that stock out 2". How is that a 38 offset? That's confusing. If you're sticking out 2" you have a negative offset. Probably a -12

So yes, your post are confusing

Ok, so my measurements are wrong. I have KMC Slides with 305/55R20 Nitto Terra Grappler A/T tires. If you look at my avatar you can see how far they stick out. Maybe an 1.5" to 2". When I install my fender flares I want my tires to continue to stick out a bit past the fenders, and not look like the fenders stick out past my tires. Does that make sense? What are my best options to do this?

fastNugly @ BP 12-31-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonsRam (Post 971705)
Ok, so my measurements are wrong. I have KMC Slides with 305/55R20 Nitto Terra Grappler A/T tires. If you look at my avatar you can see how far they stick out. Maybe an 1.5" to 2". When I install my fender flares I want my tires to continue to stick out a bit past the fenders, and not look like the fenders stick out past my tires. Does that make sense? What are my best options to do this?

They do come in 38 but I'm sure you don't have it as they would not fit with those tires.
As for the flares and tires sticking out past it?
If the tires only stick out 1.5-2" there is a big probability the flares will exceed those tires and the wheels will look sucked in.
Best bet? Test fit or don't bother putting them on.

chadster21 12-31-2012 04:16 PM

take your bushwhackers some gas and a lighter problem solved lol

fastNugly @ BP 12-31-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadster21 (Post 971771)
take your bushwhackers some gas and a lighter problem solved lol

Hahahaha.....you want bushwackers dont you? ;)

:LOL:

chadster21 01-01-2013 02:17 PM

no bushwhackers for me lol