DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   My take on the Diablo for my 2012 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=130005)

xp1ik05 01-05-2013 08:02 PM

My take on the Diablo for my 2012

Well finally went through my first whole tank on 93 tune. Started with a half tank of 91 and not a terribly huge difference. Took awhile to get it to link up with my truck had to update it a few times to get it to finally recognize. Off he bat, low end sucks. Can't explain it any other way. I have no other mods don't know if that makes a difference but it has not helped at all. Feel like stock had more to it. Mid and high RPM is very noticeable with an overall smoother feel in general. That's prob my favorite thing about the tuner. I haven't messed with much of the other options other than the MDS being turned off. The roll on power is fantastic. Very noticeable compared to stock. Shifting is weird. Noticeable whether your getting on it or not. Sometimes scary how hard it shifts and some of the sounds that come from under your feet. I'm not worried about anything falling out just not as smooth as stock. Haven't figured out gas mileage cause I'm to busy going fast. Gonna give it some more time but wanted to put some more info out there on top of all the others that are out there. Love the gauge features btw.

Ram725 01-05-2013 08:12 PM

thanks for the review. I may order one down the road

htownrock 01-05-2013 11:29 PM

Before I got the tuner I couldn t hardly spin atire.Now with trac control off i get about a 30 ft burn mark and with trac on I get only 5 ft burn.My 0 to 60 is 5.90 so my start off has improved alot.

bighemi04 01-06-2013 12:39 AM

Love my trinity. I can't drive around with it on all the time, or i drive her real hard...

xp1ik05 01-06-2013 07:04 AM

idk maybe its just me. maybe im comparing it too much to the top and which leaves alot to be desired on the low end. ya i can spin the tires but 1500 for new ones i try to limit that as much as possible. gonna give it a few more tanks and tinker with it alittle more. like i said though i really love the smoothness and the roll on power.

chefred112 01-06-2013 12:22 PM

not sure if the diablo allows you to change shiftpoints yet...if so, change the part throttle so that it holds 1st and 2nd a little longer.. and if you haven't done so yet, change tstat to a 180, it will enhance everything that the diablo does for the pcm...

xp1ik05 01-06-2013 01:06 PM

A t-stat does that much? I've read a lot of people having the 180. Guess I haven't researched it all that much.

TVL 01-06-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xp1ik05 (Post 975935)
Well finally went through my first whole tank on 93 tune. Started with a half tank of 91 and not a terribly huge difference. Took awhile to get it to link up with my truck had to update it a few times to get it to finally recognize. Off he bat, low end sucks. Can't explain it any other way. I have no other mods don't know if that makes a difference but it has not helped at all. Feel like stock had more to it. Mid and high RPM is very noticeable with an overall smoother feel in general. That's prob my favorite thing about the tuner. I haven't messed with much of the other options other than the MDS being turned off. The roll on power is fantastic. Very noticeable compared to stock. Shifting is weird. Noticeable whether your getting on it or not. Sometimes scary how hard it shifts and some of the sounds that come from under your feet. I'm not worried about anything falling out just not as smooth as stock. Haven't figured out gas mileage cause I'm to busy going fast. Gonna give it some more time but wanted to put some more info out there on top of all the others that are out there. Love the gauge features btw.

I just changed from the 87 tune to the 91 and had the same low end power loss you just described. My 87 tune was fantastic for power and response throughout the spectrum. I thought the 91 tune might be a little better. I'm going to stay with the 91 for a couple of more tanks. If nothing changes, I'll go back to the 87.(gas is cheaper at 87 anyway!)

xp1ik05 01-06-2013 04:24 PM

That's weird cause I just did the opposite. Went to the modified stock then the 87 tune and I really like the 87. Gonna mess with this one for a bit. Either way don't like the 91 or 93 tune. Gonna get the exhaust and intake next.

ericlee9386 01-06-2013 06:51 PM

I ditched the 87 tune after my mpg tanked to a all time low. I like the 93 but wish they made a 89 tune