DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram R/T (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Is Anyone Supercharged? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=130104)

silver12vcummins 01-06-2013 06:53 PM

Is Anyone Supercharged?

I am 99% sure im going to be ordering a '13 RT fairly soon, and one of the things I plan to do is a twin screw supercharger... the 2 im looking at are kenne bell and whipple.. so my question is, do any of y'all have a blower on your truck, and if so, what do you think?? :4-dontknow:

ericlee9386 01-06-2013 07:07 PM

I think the only option for 13's would be using arrington. There is no tuning for them as of now but arrington and b&g have the codes. The trans dont hold up the best without some good tuning.

silver12vcummins 01-06-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlee9386 (Post 977110)
I think the only option for 13's would be using arrington. There is no tuning for them as of now but arrington and b&g have the codes. The trans dont hold up the best without some good tuning.

I would be doing a built trans, more than likely a stage 3 sharadon... a twin screw, long tubes, and borla cat back are the short list for performance mods.. along with a 2/4 drop and 305/40R22 nitto 420's :smileup: this isnt being done right this second, so diablo should have time to get the 13's lined out! plus, I could take my truck to them to be tuned since they're right down the street from me :Wow1:

CdnoilRAM 01-06-2013 07:44 PM

You might also want to look at RIPP superchargers, they have been focusing a lot on the trucks and have some proven numbers. With just a supercharger you should be fine with the tranny as long as you stock with the 7psi, anymore than that and it's only a matter of time before you burn out the prime gears and need to rebuild.

mattsrt 01-06-2013 07:56 PM

Just buy a srt10 if you want all that power:)

TheSatinPumpkin 01-06-2013 08:03 PM

Very nice.. Good luck in your build..................

silver12vcummins 01-06-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 977157)
You might also want to look at RIPP superchargers, they have been focusing a lot on the trucks and have some proven numbers. With just a supercharger you should be fine with the tranny as long as you stock with the 7psi, anymore than that and it's only a matter of time before you burn out the prime gears and need to rebuild.

nooo... I dont like vortech blowers.. and the trans will be built no matter what, I come from the diesel world, and the trans is ALWAYS built :smileup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsrt (Post 977159)
Just buy a srt10 if you want all that power:)

nahhh, id rather have a brand new truck thats wayyy nicer inside and out :smiley_thumbs_up:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSatinPumpkin (Post 977165)
Very nice.. Good luck in your build..................

thanks! ill do a build thread for sure :Wow1:

CdnoilRAM 01-06-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver12vcummins (Post 977210)
nooo... I dont like vortech blowers.. and the trans will be built no matter what, I come from the diesel world, and the trans is ALWAYS built :smileup:

Fair enough; there's nothing wrong with Vortech, they've held up very well with builds with the 4th gen, but everyone's got things they avoid, and for me it's Sharadon because of the way I was treated. That said, I'm personally building a NOVI 1200/nitrous/392 stroker system in front of an MGH custom built tranny so I know where you're coming from with the need to have a built tranny.

silver12vcummins 01-06-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 977219)
Fair enough; there's nothing wrong with Vortech, they've held up very well with builds with the 4th gen, but everyone's got things they avoid, and for me it's Sharadon because of the way I was treated. That said, I'm personally building a NOVI 1200/nitrous/392 stroker system in front of an MGH custom built tranny so I know where you're coming from with the need to have a built tranny.

sounds like it'll be pretty sweet!! and ill admit that I dont know much about these dodge gas transmissions, I just know a couple of my buddies have sharadon trans and beat the crap out of em without ever having a problem, so they must be pretty stout!

FrostKing 01-07-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 977219)

I can show you how to make your own 'built' transmission. Not much to it using an end-mill. I have parts for 2 complete transmissions in my garage for spares.