DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Looking for a CAI and Duel cat-back exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=130249)

Canadian Hemi Pride 01-08-2013 12:53 PM

Looking for a CAI and Duel cat-back exhaust

Hey everyone, I have a 08 ram sxt 4x4 with the 5.7L hemi in it. The truck is still bone stock and I am looking to do some slight modifications to it. The items I am most interested in doing is installing a Cold Air Intake and a duel cat-back exhaust.

I was wondering what would be the best/ affordable CAI for my truck, which could add some slight hp, better mpg and/or sound.

Also I wanted to know what would be the best sounding Duel cat-back exhaust that I could get, personally I want to make the truck sound nice and loud like the 5.7 should, because it sounds way to quiet currently.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Canadian Hemi Pride 01-08-2013 01:07 PM

Also, if anyone has any advice about chipping the truck, please feel free to share about recommended chips.

Crash 01-08-2013 01:59 PM

I have a cat back Maggie and the Volant cai on my truck and love it. My one beef is the fit off the Volant is very crappy. In hindsight I wish I had waited the varraram. For a tuner you can't go. Wrong with diablo!

Userj8670 01-08-2013 02:17 PM

I have an 08 Big horn and just recently put on a K&N and i love it. When you mash your foot to the floor the truck sounds PISSED! The best intake is called a BFI but sadly they dont make them anymore and those that have them will not sell them - totally understandable. Alot of people on here run magnaflow mufflers. I spent probably 6 months listening to different mufflers and tones and decided a flowmaster super 44 is what works for me. The magnaflow is great but i like noise and drone and others dont. I magnaflow y-pipe and a 180 degree thermostat and a diablo tuner is the way to go - or so I have been told. Good luck!

Canadian Hemi Pride 01-08-2013 08:11 PM

Userj.. Did you get your flowmasters online or from a store?

Userj8670 01-08-2013 08:39 PM

I got them from ebay actually. I had an ebay gift card so it only made sense. All said and done I paid $30 or em. Be sure to get the stainless mufflers not the aluminized ones. I know magnaflow gives you more performance but im not looking for gobs of power - at the end of the day its a pickup - not a drag car lol. The magnaflow was not loud enough and the flowmaster super 40's made it sound to much like a muscle car which it isnt. The super 44's had the right sound for the look of a pickup so i got em. Love them and wouldnt go back. If your shopping online by all means take a good day or so with google and amazon.com and shop around. You would be suprised how much you can save.

pwrman 01-08-2013 10:27 PM

JMO but put a high flow filter in the stock intake, the MDS likes that big plenum. My intake messes with my throttle response so I am going back stock. As for exhaust I like the Gibson extreme duals. Exit by the tire instead of out the back, sound good and I got a smoking deal on a stainless cat back kit by surfing Nextag. You put in your target price and they email you when someone gets close. I only paid 400 shipped. Install was a snap, getting the old one off, now that was a pita. Not going to tune it, runs fine and MPG is great.

acs0424 01-09-2013 12:46 AM

I just put a K&N Cold Air Intake on my 07 Hemi Big Horn. At WOT the thing sounds godly. Haven't noticed much performance gains but a slight increase in MPG is there. Frankly it was worth the $220 for the sound alone.

Canadian Hemi Pride 01-09-2013 01:11 AM

I know a few people with the k&n's in their trucks and they do seem to enjoy them, I am just wondering if there is any better options for a CAI.
And Userj, would this be a similar exhaust set up to yours.. and anyone know if that is over-priced or not.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/05-08-Dodge-R...#ht_1737wt_700

05ram 01-09-2013 04:11 AM

S&B for the CAI, exhaust MBRP or Magnaflow, tuner Superchips SC3865 with trans tuning option. Later on shorty headers and throttle body, then efan and underdrive pully......