DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Oil Change (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Amsoil!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=130432)

xtreme 01-10-2013 09:58 AM

Amsoil!!

So after alot of research, I have just ordered two gallons of Amsoil Signature Series and the high mileage oil filter for my truck. I am very interested to see how it holds up. From everything that I have read I am pretty sure I wont be disapointed.

RamTech 01-10-2013 10:29 AM

Keep in mind that you have to have service records for your warranty. If you go over the maximum interval between services, your warranty could be invalidated.

highlandchef 01-10-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 980313)
Keep in mind that you have to have service records for your warranty. If you go over the maximum interval between services, your warranty could be invalidated.

It can only be invalidated if the oil was shown to have contributed to the failure, correct?

In that case then Amsoil's warranty would kick in.

xtreme 01-10-2013 11:56 AM

Yes, I am well aware of that, but in reality how many warranty related issue happen as a result of engine oil??? Like said Amsoil will cover it if it is found to be oil related. I have a Geico policy and they also cover items that won't be covered by warranty. I am really not to concerned.

bighemi04 01-10-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highlandchef (Post 980363)
It can only be invalidated if the oil was shown to have contributed to the failure, correct?

In that case then Amsoil's warranty would kick in.

Being an Amsoil dealer, the Amsoil portion of that statement is correct.

RansRAM 01-10-2013 08:32 PM

This is the oil I have used since new. I do however follow the recommended change intervals. My ram is running strong and uses no oil between changes.

snrusnak 01-10-2013 09:18 PM

Nice firebolt! or is that a lightningbolt? I have a 2005 xb9r. Looks like you have some work done to it, looks like a Jardine can? You on any buell forums?

I use amsoil as well, it's good oil. Although I use the OE, cheapest stuff they make.

xtreme 01-11-2013 06:15 AM

It's a 2010 firebolt with a drummer as can, yeah there is t many things I have left to do on the bike. I'm on buellxb.com under the same user name. I am pretty sure you gave me some input on a cai for my tuck on buellxb awhile back.

Well my oil and filter should be here today. I am gonna run the year or 25000 miles and just keep an eye on it.

snrusnak 01-11-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

It's a 2010 firebolt with a drummer as can, yeah there is t many things I have left to do on the bike. I'm on buellxb.com under the same user name. I am pretty sure you gave me some input on a cai for my tuck on buellxb awhile back.
Cool yeah can't believe I didn't even think to look at your name, but yeah I know who you are now. That thread you started you were sick or had an injury or something, right? I remember you having a lot of free time to look up parts lol.

xtreme 01-11-2013 09:00 AM

Yeah I had knee surgery and I was so bored that I bought all kind of Buell parts. The only thing I really want to do to it now is the integrated taillight with turn signals.

I have focused most of my attention on the truck now, but gotta save up some more play money. Upgrades for the truck are far more expensive than the Buell.